Need help with droping 12 pounds in 4 weeks

Options
Anyone have some really good tips on how to loose 12 pounds in 4 weeks. So far I have lost 2 pounds this week by cutting out soda and treats. I'm 26/F/136 pounds and gave birth to a handsome son last year. I need to drop this baby weight and feel like myself again :-) I really need some healthy recipes for lunch and dinner. Hope you all are having a great day, thanks for reading!

`Angela

Replies

• angela060
    Options
    Anyone have some really good tips on how to loose 12 pounds in 4 weeks. So far I have lost 2 pounds this week by cutting out soda and treats. I'm 26/F/136 pounds and gave birth to a handsome son last year. I need to drop this baby weight and feel like myself again :-) I really need some healthy recipes for lunch and dinner. Hope you all are having a great day, thanks for reading!

`Angela
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The most recommended to lose is 2 lbs per week so I would look towards 8 lbs in 4 weeks which is totally possible. That of course is 8 lbs of fat. If you have a high sodium level in your diet, signifigantly cutting down your sodium may drop a few extra pounds of water.:bigsmile:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    The most recommended to lose is 2 lbs per week so I would look towards 8 lbs in 4 weeks which is totally possible. That of course is 8 lbs of fat. If you have a high sodium level in your diet, signifigantly cutting down your sodium may drop a few extra pounds of water.:bigsmile:

I completely agree, if you want to lose it and keep it off, aim for a maximum of 2 pounds a week, it'll only take another 2 weeks - but the end result will be just awesome :bigsmile:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Play around on your food diary to see how many calories you would need to net a day to drop 15lbs in 5 weeks (If every day were like today...) and that should get you to 12 pounds in 4 weeks.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Why 4 weeks? Like others have said 2 lbs a week is best especially since you don't have alot to lose. That would put you at 6 weeks.
    Are you doing cardio? When I weighed 115 I still had a pouchy stomach. I gained 10 lbs and then I started running 3 days a week. I used the couch to 5k program. At 120 I look better than when I weighed less. So don't get to hung up on the numbers on the scale.

For lunches I like salads and homemade soups. Use a low sodium stock add any kind of vegetables you like, cooked chicken, beans, lentils. Vary your spices basil & oregano or thyme & rosemary. That will give you different flavors.

Dinners, I am not willing to give up foods I like. I still eat homemade pizza. Thin crust made with part white whole wheat flour, I make my own sauce, don't put on huge amounts of cheese, use 1 link of hot Italian sausage for 1 pizza, brown first and drain of the fat. add peppers, red onion, mushrooms. I limit myself to 2 slices.

I still eat pasta but watch the portion size. A single portion is about 1 C. dry. For spaghetti think about the size of a quarter dry. Make sauces with vegetables. One of my favorites is chicken caccaitore
    Canola or olive oil for sauteing
    Dice 2 boneless chicken breasts.
    1 onion, thinly sliced
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 green pepper, diced ( I like to use red, yellow, orange)
    1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
    1 8 oz can tomatoe sauce
    1/4 C. wine (white or red, whatever you're feeling or you can skip it if you don't like it)
    1 tsp. each dry basil & oregano
    Saute onion & garlic till onion is soft. Remove from pan. Add more oil and saute chicken. Add onion & garlic back to pan and the peppers, tomatoes, tomatoe sauce, basil, oregano, salt & pepper. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Uncover add wine and simmer 15 min.
    This is a basic recipe. I make it without the chicken sometimes. I've also used leftover grilled or pan roasted vegetables instead of sauteing the onion & garlic. Grilled vegetable have such a wonderful flavor. Using different wines gives a different flavor.

The key is to watch your portion size. This is a great site to track your food intake and exercise. When I started it I realized I was not eating enough. I was trying to keep my calories at 1200 when I should be eating 1520. When I upped my calories is when I started to lose.
    Kelly
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    At 136lbs, I doubt you could lose 12lbs in 4 weeks without crash dieting and starving yourself.
    What is in 4 weeks? Can you extend the time frame?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    At 136lbs, I doubt you could lose 12lbs in 4 weeks without crash dieting and starving yourself.
    What is in 4 weeks? Can you extend the time frame?

I agree with this. At your weight, even consistently losing 1 lb a week in a healthy way is going to be really tough. Don't rush it.
  • angela060
    Options
    OK people I get it!! I know it's not healthy to loose more than 2lbs a week but i just wanted to see if it was possible. You all have to understand that I'm only 5'3 and being 136 is considered a little heavy for my frame and hight? My dr. told me yesterday that I'm 4lbs away from being in the un-healthy weight range.!! I really just wanted to get some good recipes and a couple pointers.,,,,,,
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I am currently considered 4 lbs overweight. I eat 1300 calories a day and am lucky when I lose 1 lb in a week. I'd say just stick to the plan. excercise and eat those calories back, avoid high fat/ sugar foods. Just stick with it. It'll come off, but 12 lbs in 4 weeks is excessive, that's all I was saying.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I eat tons of grilled steak, fish and chicken. I try out different seasonings and marinades. Also I will make different types of meat salads (tuna, chicken) using ff dressing and eat it on melba toast with lettuce.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I am currently considered 4 lbs overweight. I eat 1300 calories a day and am lucky when I lose 1 lb in a week. I'd say just stick to the plan. excercise and eat those calories back, avoid high fat/ sugar foods. Just stick with it. It'll come off, but 12 lbs in 4 weeks is excessive, that's all I was saying.

Kerri I love your new picture!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    At 5'2 I understand where you are coming from. A few extra pounds on a shorter person seems like alot more than when it is on someone taller.
    Your Dr would like to see you lose it but lose it in a way that is healthy. And most times when you lose fast you end up gaining it back. It needs to be a lifestyle change in order to take it off and keep it off. A diet will help you to lose but you can't stay on it forever so then you gain it back.
    I know I asked before but I am going to ask again. Are you doing cardio.?
    Kelly
  • angela060
    Options
    Yes, I work out 3-4 times a week. I really don't mind taking my time but I just wanted to see how much i can drop in 4 weeks. I guess i should have wrote my post a little better haha. Thanks for your help