in a rut

Options
I eat chicken at least once a day sometimes twice. :noway: I love chicken. :smile: I prepare it many different ways and i dont seem to ever get tired of it. :wink: I do eat fish, smoked ham, and lean pork but i dont like these as much as chicken. I dont eat much beef. When i make burgers for my family i grill a huge portabella mushroom and eat it the same as i would a burger. So my question is how bad is it to eat the same meat everyday??? Weather it be marinated, in a sauce, or ground its still chicken. And how do you mix it up? Thanx in advance:smile:

Replies

• bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    I eat chicken at least once a day sometimes twice. :noway: I love chicken. :smile: I prepare it many different ways and i dont seem to ever get tired of it. :wink: I do eat fish, smoked ham, and lean pork but i dont like these as much as chicken. I dont eat much beef. When i make burgers for my family i grill a huge portabella mushroom and eat it the same as i would a burger. So my question is how bad is it to eat the same meat everyday??? Weather it be marinated, in a sauce, or ground its still chicken. And how do you mix it up? Thanx in advance:smile:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I hope it isn't a problem or bad for you because primarily that is all I eat.

I dont eat any fish or pork, and beef not so often...

So chicken and turkey are my only meats....and I learn more towards chicken, with the exception of my cilantro and onion turkey burger lol.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am the same way - I would say it's chicken at least 5 of 7 dinners for me.

Boild Shrimp tonight to change pace a bit.
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    I hope its not bad either. I like to eat the same thing. I could probably eat the same thing everymeal, everyday for a week.:blushing:
  • lnwolfs
    lnwolfs Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The only thing I could think of that might be an issue is I think red meat provides iron to your body. If you are taking an iron supplement or another food rich in iron, I don't know of any other reason not to.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    The only thing I could think of that might be an issue is I think red meat provides iron to your body. If you are taking an iron supplement or another food rich in iron, I don't know of any other reason not to.

I was thinking the same thing. Please don't be afraid of red meat. If you are doing homemade hamburgers and you want one, have one, use lean hamburger and a whole grain bun and you're set. Beef is not bad for you in moderation and it does contain plenty of the all important iron.

I'm like you, I eat chicken a lot. Probably 4 nights every week contain chicken. Lucky for us it's really good for you. :flowerforyou: