Zumba or Walk at Home with Leslie Sansone?

Options
rmancha
rmancha Posts: 14 Member
I need help please! I have been going to a Zumba class since January and I really enjoy it. This summer though Friday classes were cancelled and I bought a Leslie Sansone DVD at Wal-Mart of all places to do atleast five days of workout. Well now I am hooked on the walk at home DVD. Sometimes I have missed my Zumba class on purpose just so I can do the walk at home dvd instead.
So my question is, am I still getting a good workout? I do the entire four miles and I actually feel more toned than I did before with just the Zumba class...I know I can do both but I don't want to get my body used to too much and then I gain weight when I only do one workout a day.
My concern is I guess the walk at home just seems too good to be true...has anyone gotten real results with this program?...I am afraid of leaving Zumba I guess because I have relied on it for so long..but I really am enjoying the walk at home program.
Any suggestions, please?

Replies

• dorairwin
    dorairwin Posts: 210
    Options
    Nice ...I love leslie Sansone also.. Yes you are getting a good work out..
  • Lexiehsub76
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone walk at home videos also, I started using them 2yrs ago and had good results off of them just with. It really got me moving and motivated to exercise. I started using them cause I enjoyed them more than walking on my treadmill everyday so I would rotate so that I would not get burned out on the treadmill then eventually I stopped the treadmill and done the videos cause they were more fun to me than the treadmill. I have not tried Zumba but have heard wonderful things about it with the intensity of Zumba vs the Walk videos I think that you would be ok by just doing the videos cause you are still getting a whole body workout as if you would in Zumba!!! Good Luck to you!!
  • change_happens
    Options
    I need help please! I have been going to a Zumba class since January and I really enjoy it. This summer though Friday classes were cancelled and I bought a Leslie Sansone DVD at Wal-Mart of all places to do atleast five days of workout. Well now I am hooked on the walk at home DVD. Sometimes I have missed my Zumba class on purpose just so I can do the walk at home dvd instead.
    So my question is, am I still getting a good workout? I do the entire four miles and I actually feel more toned than I did before with just the Zumba class...I know I can do both but I don't want to get my body used to too much and then I gain weight when I only do one workout a day.
    My concern is I guess the walk at home just seems too good to be true...has anyone gotten real results with this program?...I am afraid of leaving Zumba I guess because I have relied on it for so long..but I really am enjoying the walk at home program.
    Any suggestions, please?

I just tried zumba today and I have to say, I don't really care for the whole learning process. I didn't even get a good workout. I came straight home and did Leslie. I lost 15 pounds with Leslie from the dates of May 22nd - July 1st (around there).

She has the toning, the express, the five mile, the three miles, the advanced walks, and they do work!!!!

As for me.... I am sticking to Leslie as my main workout!!!
  • onlyrobey1
    onlyrobey1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't like Zumba for the plan and simple fact that Im not coordinated, but I do love Leslie and although I don't do it a lot, when I do I get a good sweat going and burn 350+ in the 3 mile walk. I am looking forward to moving on to the 4-5 mile walk just ot change things up a bit.
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    This Leslie Sansone DVD sounds really interesting....
  • rmancha
    rmancha Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding I knew I would get answered...I have no doubt now that Leslie Sansone is going to be great for me!..Thanks
  • SunSand76
    SunSand76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Love Leslie's DVDs. I have 4-5 different ones. One came with resistance bands for arms and another incorporates hand weights. So there is some good variation there as well.

In my opinion they are a great workout, can be done with minimal space, if needed. I think you get out what you put in. Try to really lift the knees etc. and get the best burn you can (at your own comfort level of course).

Enjoy!!
  • nomnomgal
    nomnomgal Posts: 84
    Options
    I have both the Zumba DVDs and Walk Slim with Leslie Sansone and I can honestly say that I prefer Leslie Sansone. I also have 30 Day Shred and I found that too difficult for me (admittedly I haven't tried it since I lost a bit more weight, so that may not be true now).

I feel kinda stupid doing Zumba when my hubby is at home because my coordination is so lacking, some of the moves just don't translate for me. I was hoping it would teach me how to dance, but perhaps I'm just unteachable! I've only started doing Leslie's DVDs, but I loved them from the start. I need to buy a HRM to confirm it, but I reckon I'm burning a lot more with her walking DVDs than I did doing the Zumba Cardio work-out. Also, she uses "real" looking people on her DVDs. Like you're actually in a normal person's exercise class, not surrounded by beach bunnies with ripped abs!
  • joyw37
    joyw37 Posts: 38
    Options
    I love the walk at home DVD's. Especially with the heat it makes it so much easier not to have an extra excuse not to go walk and I sweat so much more so I KNOW its a better workout than just walking the miles regularly.
  • auntsoozaay
    Options
    i haven't done zumba, but i will tell you that i love leslie sansone's videos....easy to follow, low impact, and a great workout. i love that i'm done with the workout before i know it...instead of wishing it would be over 5 minutes in.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Here is the bottom line: It doesn't matter WHAT you do as long as you DO SOMETHING! Whatever YOU enjoy is what you should be doing! If you don't like it, you'll never keep at it.... if you like the walking tapes, then do them! If you dont think you're getting enouhg of a work out with them, step it up. Doing it at a higher energy level, march more, lift your legs higher etc... you can make it more high impact if you need it to be.

I absolutely LOVE Zumba but until you get to know the teachers and the basic moves a bit, you won't get the best workout. I get a much better workout doing Zumba but I can't stand doing it home -- I have to go to the gym where they have class with the lights out, a disco ball and lots of hooting and hollering. I have no rhythm either but I dont' care..

I have the Leslie Sansone videos too and enjoyed them for awhile but I get bored silly doing anything at home so I haven't even looked at them once Ifound Zumba, soul grooves, hip hop and total conditioning at the gym.
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I love Leslie...we've been walking buddies for 8 years (since I had my oldest son)....she can be annyoing at times but she has great workouts and they're easy to follow. Good luck!