Looking for a high calorie, nutrient rich drink

Options
Well I was going about this weight loss thing all wrong and not eating enough calories to make up for my workouts. Here's my problem: now that I'm trying to net closer to 1200, I'm finding it hard to eat all the calories I need. I know eating calories is always preferred, but sometimes this is almost impossible! Does anyone have a good suggestion of a high(ish) calorie drink that also is nutrient dense? Thanks!!

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are good - especially after you work out.
  • deesjourney2fit
    Options
    Protein shakes, I like Shakeology. With a tablespoon of natural PB and the chocolate Shakeology- tastes like a reeses peanut butter cup! It's loaded in vitamins.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Never tried this before but shakeology by beachbody. it's expensive, but look for a discount from a bechbody coach which you can get for free, a free coach that is.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    A cheaper alternative to protein shakes, chocolate milk is proven to be an amazing post-workout drink.
  • skyblue098
    skyblue098 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the protein shakes. I use 1 scoop strawberry protein mix, 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup frozen strawberries (instead of ice) & blend. If you need extra caloreies & protein, add strawberry greek yogurt. It tastes awesome! My kids love it as well! Other days is chocolate protein mix with almond milk, natural peanut butter or PB2 & ice (add ripe banana for variety.).
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    How about a big old glass of choco milk! Or a banana smoothie with egg whites as added protein? I'm not much for pre-packaged beverages.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    BEER...Barley & Hops are grains so that counts for something right? LOL
  • cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Start with a big blender: add milk / water, protein, raspberrys/strawberry/blueberrys, ground flax seed, banana, peanut butter, metamucil and yogurt. Your calories might be done for the day if you add everything in one shake, but between these ingredients you should find a good combination.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    BEER...Barley & Hops are grains so that counts for something right? LOL

mmm, i like the way you think! :smile:

aside from beer, i would suggest some combination of whey, skim milk, banana, nut butter, oats, fiber
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Eight years ago I was almost in a size 20 and I found a protein shake that is a healthy meal all in itself. In 10 weeks I went down to size 10 and I'm now down to a size 6 which is perfect for my 5'4" frame. My BMI is in the healthy range and I love these shakes! I have energy for my Zumba classes that I attend 4 days a week...oh, and I'm going to be 60 years old in September! Did I mention I love these shakes? Let me know if you want more info about them, k?

I think it's clear she wants more info about them, or she wouldn't have created this post. So, instead of trying to make a sales pitch for whatever shake you're selling, how about at least giving the name of this product?
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    EpicMealTime protein drink. Includes bacon blended inside about half a gallon of whey protein and a jar of PB. Or something like that. Probably with some Jack Daniels in it too.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    EpicMealTime protein drink. Includes bacon blended inside about half a gallon of whey protein and a jar of PB. Or something like that. Probably with some Jack Daniels in it too.

LOL, that should work!