Nike Plus / ipod group

Options
Hi

I have the sensor etc for my ipod and and have an account for Nike plus.

Had it for a fair old while to be fair but lost interest fast cos a lack of fun.

I was thinking that seeing as MFP works so well etc that I would see if we can get a group together of like minded people who use Nike Plus so we can support etc in running, cos i know i don't do enough !

If you have an account and want to add me search me on my email lee.kettlewell@hotmail.co.uk.

If you are interested please post your Nike username and/or email on here and lets see if we can get a group together.

Thanks

Lee.....

Replies

• MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have an ipod touch that I have never used and the nike+ thing... which I have also never used. LOL. I don't have the shoes which is why I haven't used the sensor yet. I know you can buy a little pocket thing for the sensor to put in your shoes if they aren't nike.... anyone have experience with this? Or anyone just shove the little sensor thing somewhere in your shoe and it still works?

If I can manage to make it work, and find my ipod touch and nike+ (still packed from moving) I would totally be in Lee! :)
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have an ipod touch that I have never used and the nike+ thing... which I have also never used. LOL. I don't have the shoes which is why I haven't used the sensor yet. I know you can buy a little pocket thing for the sensor to put in your shoes if they aren't nike.... anyone have experience with this? Or anyone just shove the little sensor thing somewhere in your shoe and it still works?

If I can manage to make it work, and find my ipod touch and nike+ (still packed from moving) I would totally be in Lee! :)

you can put the sensor in other shoes............... i cut open the tongue and popped mine in there..but the sensor does need to be facing up !
    plus the new Iphones don't need the sensor because it runs off a GPRS like a sat nav !
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    My co-worker has the after market pouch for it (goes through your laces or what not. He says it works. I've bought one to cycle through my shoes that aren't nike (i.e reezigs) so I'll be testing it out here shortly.

But generally speaking I love having the Nike+ sensor. Plus their online community has challenges you can join, which is fun.
  • TiaUti
    TiaUti Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You definitely do NOT need the special Nike shoes. I've been using the Nike+ system with my nano for years and I don't run in Nikes. I got a little rubber holder for about $6 at a running store. You pop the shoe sensor in it and tie it on with your laces. Works great. There are also lots of little pockets sold to do the same thing. Should be able to find them in any decent sporting goods store. Also, the Nike site is easy to use and it's fun to see your running progress. Good luck!
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options

Before I go my Nikes, I put my sensor in a logos pouch I got from best buy. I think it's belkin brand and it was around $10 maybe? Kinda expensive for how tiny it is. It has Velcro closure and Velcro strap that attaches to shoes laces. At first I was worried the Velcro would open and the sensor would fly off or the whole pouch would be lost, but it never really did fail me. I got my Nike+ ready shoes for $37 on clearance at JCP, so that's an option you might consider.
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    i have the nike+ fitnees band and the thing that goes in ya shoe, estimates the calories burnt and i used the site a few times to log my walks :) no ipod though :(
  • sarahkbarnes
    Options
    I'm a huge Nike plus fan with 880km down! Having used both the sensor and now the iphone GPS app, I can officially say the GPS is infinitely better and more accurate. I have no friends on Nike+ but if anyone wants to add me, I'm also Sarahkbarnes on there!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of my Nike + I spend like 20 minutes looking at my 30 minute runs! LOL
  • kumarprabhat
    kumarprabhat Posts: 116
    Options
    Still some distance away - budget wise - from getting my IPhone. So, instead getting my NIke+ sensor this weekend. Already have an account on NikeRunning website.

So, finally will be on that website from Monday onwards...Looking forward to it...
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have both the Nike + sensor that I use with my Nano, and the Nike + GPS app on my phone. I bought a pouch for the sensor for around $10 and it works great. I love the Nike+ website because I can see my pace all the way through the run. It is AWESOME!

I am just getting back into running, but if anyone wants to add me, friend me on here and on Nike + as well! I canuse all of the motivation I can get to keep going!
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've got it on my iphone but haven't worked out how to use it yet. It's saying I've got to calibrate it ?
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I use nike+ gps on my phone to log my runs/walks. If anyone wants to add me my username is justleeanne, same as on here! I will try and add some of you!! :)
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've got it on my iphone but haven't worked out how to use it yet. It's saying I've got to calibrate it ?

Margo - the calibration gives you more accurate data for your run/walk. You just need to go into your settings and use the calibration button. If I rememember correctly, on the Nike+GPS app with the iPhone you can do it right after your run/walk.
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    I have been using nike + for over 2 years now. LOVE IT. Soooo motivating. I have to check it before I even shower after my runs :P
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    I've been using it for over two years .. love it, use it at least 3-5 days a week depending on my running schedule. Started with the ipod and now use the Nike+GPS on my iphone4.
  • apoyser
    apoyser Posts: 35
    Options
    My Nike + username is Apsmoke add me if anyone wants. I use my iphone4 with Nike+gps I must say I'm more addicted to it than mfp
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I haven't used the Nike + GPS because I am new to running. I will have to start using it and check it out. I don't know how to add friends? I have used the sensor with my iPhone and loved it. I have the pouch attached to my laces. No problems with it. My username is weeziews.
  • kumarprabhat
    kumarprabhat Posts: 116
    Options
    Is there a popular Nike+ challenge going on?
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    My username over there is the same - amsparky.

Dumb question for you all - did your sensor work right out of the box? I think I got one with a dead battery...
  • WarrantyVoider
    WarrantyVoider Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just slide the sensor up underneath between the laces and the tongue. I don't even notice it while running.
    I've logged 120 miles with this setup and the sensor has never given me any trouble.