Some people

Options
:explode:

Yesterday afternoon I was stood in the playground waiting for my daughter to come out of school when one of the mum's came up to me and asked if I had lost some weight, being a bit bashful said yes just a few pounds. She was all interested then asking how I did it. When I replied that it was through eating healthy, no alcohol, reducing calories, drinking loads of water and exercising my but off, I got the long negative tone of Ohhh and she turned her nose up.

She then said oh no can't do that you see as I am type one diabetic, and her poor mum who was a friend of my mum was a type one diabetic and ended up going blind through it and having a kidney transplant and ended up dying because the new kidney stopped working. I was just gobsmacked and wanted to say to her hello that should be the reason you are doing it. Why do people think that there is an instant easy solution? (Sorry for the rant just needed to get it off my chest).

Replies

• sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    everyone keeps asking me what my secret is. I say eating better and exercise. They just are dumbfounded. Yes, I remember wanting the easy fix and yes i still do but I finally realized it doesnt exsist and got down to business. Geez!!! :)
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    Thanks for reminder that success doesn't come overnight. One day at a time....
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, we would love an easy fix, and undoubtedly there are some but not healthy. No point being thin and unfit. You are so right, other people's health problems should be the thing that spurs people on before they get there too. I don't see how in this day and age people can remain so uneducated about their diet and the effect it can have on their bodies. Totally don't blame you for ranting, as you can see you almost set me on one too lol :smile:
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Guess I should give up then ! :explode:
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Some people just want to take a magic pill or have a tummy tuck or something like that....they just dont want to work for it and dont want to have all the convience foods disappear.....its sad really