Best HRM to monitor calorie burn during cardio and lifting w

Options
This might have been answered ad nauseum, but I'm new to the boards, so please don't get mad at me for asking!

Which HRM do you recommend to monitor calorie burn during cardio and weight lifting?

I'm female, and my under-bust measurement is 36 inches, so anyone with a similar measurement who uses a chest band - please please give me some advice!

I'm willing to pay up to £50 for a good HRM. Beyond that, I'd really need to know what justifies the extra cost.

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft7 that I got off of Ebay for around $75. I really like it, its stylish looking, easy to use, very good online reviews and my trainer and the gym instructors all recommended this to me. The chest strap goes under your bust/breast plate, so i make sure its right under the lower part of my sports bra.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Shop around for Polar, FT4 is the entry-level calorie tracking model.

Bear in mind you will not get an accurate calorie burn during weight lifting as your heart rate spikes during hard efforts. The calorie burning effects from lifting come outside of the actual workout from the additional lean tissue which is more metabolically active.

Of course doing your resistance training as part of a circuit will REALLY torch calories and keep your heart rate elevated throughout.