Have any obese ppl tried30ds?

Options
Ok there are soooo many posts about 30ds, it should have it's own forum.
While I've seen amazing before/after pics from people that have done it, they were all only a little overweight before doing it, and have just toned up. Have any seriously obese people done it? I'm at the top end of the obese class 1 scale, and I'm thinking of trying it, I just want to know if any other seriously overweight people have done it? And how were the results if so? And how hard did you find it?

thanks!

Replies

• 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    bump! I want to do it but I can barley get through a 10 minute workout!
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I tried the 30 DS when I was around 280 lbs or so. It's most definitely hard, but if you keep at it, I think it's a great workout, and it really does kick your butt.I have never done beyond the first day, but I do it whenever I don't feel like going to the gym. I have a bad knee so the jumping I've seen in some of the other days seems kind of out of my reach. I think you should try it, it's no more expensive really than paying for a one time fitness class if you think about it.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm just about ready to move to level 2. It was very hard at first, but I can now get through level 1 without stopping. My cable company has a fitness on demand station with many different workout programs. Levels 1 and 2 for 30DS are on there. It's a good way to try it and see what you think. My library also has the DVD. A few options if you want to try before you buy :)
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    I was around 200 - 210 lbs when i did the 30ds....it was really good and helped me loose weight and inches.

I put on alot of weight from an injury i had in my spine, which left me bed bound alot. So my strength went down and my weight went up. Because of this, i found level two hard as i couldnt manage the planks and push-ups so i ended up stopping mid programme because of it. Otherwise i found it all completely manageable.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty large and am on Level 1 Day 4. I'm about 260lbs I think (whatever 120kgs equates to....) The first day I really struggled with the cardio sections - the strength and abs were okay. Each day I'm getting better with the cardio - I've already grabbed the heavier weights (I bought 1kg and 1.5kg weights) for some of the strength exercises but need to stick to the lower weights for some of the harder moves. I'm not sure if I'll move on to Level 2 after 10 days or not - I really want to be able to do the pushups for the entire time and not stop at the cardio sections. I think I'll stick with it until I can do the whole workout without stopping before I move on to the next levels.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I started it at 259 lbs a few weeks ago. its tough sometimes but manageable
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    very good question! but it does say 10kg (20lbs) in 30 days. so i would imagine it would help obese people...maybe we would lose more because there's more to lose. I'm considered obese...(94.3kg or 207lbs). I think it also depends on your fitness level. I think i'm fit for my size. I haven't done the 30ds yet haha (planning on starting it as soon as it gets in the mail) so i may not think that next week. but suggest, dont just weigh yourself, take measurements too, because you will most like gain muscle and can be disheartening if it looks like the scales haven't moved much but you have lost inches. the best way to find out the answer is to give a go mate :)
    the good thing with a fitness video is you can do it how often u like and if you want to stick to level one day one, you can. also, if you think you look silly doing it no one else will see you unlike a gym (that's why i like it haha)
  • JayandBrensMommy
    JayandBrensMommy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The frist round that I done I weighed 250-260ish. I struggled with it at first, but I just kept pushing through it. I managed to complete the whole thing. I lost 11 pounds and several inches throughout. Now I am on my 2nd round of it. I have done 3 days of level 1. It is so much easier this time. I am also better fit this time around becasue I have been doing some sort of exercise 6 days a week.