Drinkers!!

Options
noely1974
noely1974 Posts: 45 Member
How many people out there enjoy a social drink at the weekend !, how do you fit this in with your goals? what do you drink? surely i don't have to take up knitting at weekend :happy: and what do you eat the morning after to fix yourself should you get a little carried away? please help!:drinker:

Replies

• superawesomesarah
    Options
    I just started dieting, but when I went out to drink I knew where I was going and looked up the menu ahead of time. I chose a beer that I knew I wanted and looked up the nutritional value of it and planned it in for my day. It's hard to get carried away drinking when you're counting everything, but this helped me so much. I was able to have a good time with my friends, and even have a drink without feeling guilty at all. Good luck! :-)
  • hollagolla
    hollagolla Posts: 44
    Options
    I have avoided alcohol unless really necessary as I prefer food to booze! But if i'm going for a drink I try to stick to vodka and diet drinks and take it steady.
    The hangover sure is harder, i guess try low fat alternatives? Beans or egg on toast work for me but i know it wouldn't for everyon.
    Its my hen do this weekend so I won't be thinking about it then, there will be plenty of wine of all varieties!
  • chubbychristianchick
    chubbychristianchick Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I pace myself! Instead of having 5 or 6 glasses of wine with my friends or 10 mixed drinks I only have a few. In between I drink ice water or calorie free soda water with lime or lemon. Most people dont notice that it's just water and think I'm having a vodka tonic. Also previous to going out I cut back all day. If I do over indulge I work extra hard the next day to 1 rehydrate 2 cut my calories down 3 sweat it out!
    Good luck! Have fun n be safe!
  • arhzon
    arhzon Posts: 150
    Options
    Well I have 2 methods:

1)Drink with no thought and damn the calories and consequences!

or

2)Get an idea of what I am going to drink and try to leave myself that many calories. I don't sweat too much if I am over 100-200 from time to time, but if I get higher than that, I start to worry.

Also, something else you can try is to have a glass of water in between drinks, that way it makes it a little "harder" to get carried away. Unless your drink is Scotch and water...
  • jeffhop75
    jeffhop75 Posts: 8
    Options
    i reward myself for doing exercise with a treat which is usually alcohol related, i enjoy a drink and if i suddenly deprived myself of something that i enjoy (apart from pies) i think i would quickly lose interest in losing weight.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    The lowest calorie beer I can get (55calories) or vodka and diet soda. I do believe I am going to have some this weekend, too. :laugh:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    White wine. Which I quite like diluted with water and ice!

I dont often drink enough to suffer a hangover, but when I did I used to carve Lucozade and softmints.
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Well I have 2 methods:

1)Drink with no thought and damn the calories and consequences!

or

2)Get an idea of what I am going to drink and try to leave myself that many calories. I don't sweat too much if I am over 100-200 from time to time, but if I get higher than that, I start to worry.

Also, something else you can try is to have a glass of water in between drinks, that way it makes it a little "harder" to get carried away. Unless your drink is Scotch and water...

I always plan to go with the second method but after a few it normally lapses to the first one :laugh:

Kidding (well, honestly, it does happen from time to time) - I drink vodka and diet coke and always have a jug of water on the table as well. Next morning I get up and go for a six mile walk, that always clears the head!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    As I don't go out that often, (this month being an exception) I drink what i want. If i'm clubbing, the dancing will burn off most if not all the calories.

Go and enjoy yourself!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    i reward myself for doing exercise with a treat which is usually alcohol related, i enjoy a drink and if i suddenly deprived myself of something that i enjoy (apart from pies) i think i would quickly lose interest in losing weight.

+1 on this.

Generally though, weekends are no different to week days for me. If I've got spare calories and I fancy a drink, I'll have one, whichever day!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I usually exercise more to compensate - and I have switched from me beloved Pinto Grigio to vodka & diet Coke :-(

I do still have the occasional glass of wine though, I couldn't give it up totally!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    It might be why I have been stuck basically all summer but.... SUMMER IS fun!! I havent gained... but I really havent lost (besides Inches which just might be as good or better)

I like to drink on the weekends... its hot out... your friends are our having a bonfire and theres just nothing like tieing one on!

If I maintain this summer I will be content... if I lose some yet this summer I will be overjoyed. If I gain... somethings going to change!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Wassup :drinker:

I enjoy a good craft beer on the weekends and the occasional glass of dry wine during the week with a meal.
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Options
    I have swapped my regular glasses of rose wine for vodka and diet coke. I also reward exercise with wine occasionally as I couldn't gve it up completeley- my treats keep me going!!! If I feel rough the next day I have a Berocca effervesent tablet (I swear by these) and a fruit salad (the fruit makes me feel like I'm being nice to my body after abusing it!!!!)

If I'm out, however, I do have the odd glass of wine because the dancing burns off the calories
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    It might be why I have been stuck basically all summer but.... SUMMER IS fun!! I havent gained... but I really havent lost (besides Inches which just might be as good or better)

I like to drink on the weekends... its hot out... your friends are our having a bonfire and theres just nothing like tieing one on!

If I maintain this summer I will be content... if I lose some yet this summer I will be overjoyed. If I gain... somethings going to change!

EXACTLY how I feel!!! :)