any one lost 100+ lbs or wants to?

Options
2»

Replies

• chubbychristianchick
    chubbychristianchick Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    do any of you do any exercise? if so, what do you all do?

6 days a week come heck or high water!

I do atleast 2 days of water aerobics at the gym. The other 4 I do cardio/weight training.

For cardio I love the treadmill.... A nice slow pace on a steep incline gets my heart pumping.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I started out needing to lose 100 pounds so I get that it's overwhelming too. I sort of did the opposite of you though, I was in denial about the ultimate goal and was just happy with losing a pound or 2 pounds per week. Then a few weeks after I started I was like "ok, time to face facts" and I wrote my goal down. Then I let it go and focused back on my mini-goals.

Being overwhelmed can lead to getting discouraged but I also think it is important to set goals so just think in terms of small steps like 5 or 10 pounds or 5% of your starting weight. And don't set dates unless you're sure you can attain the goal. Be realistic...

As far as 30 Day Shred goes, I didn't try it until I was around 200 pounds but that was just by chance. Go ahead and try it now and see if you can do it. Like Jillian says, "If your body isn't challenged beyond its comfort zone, you won't see continual results."

Good luck, my friend, you can totally do this!!!

Edtied to add: When I started out, I mostly walked and used the elliptical machine in the gym. Slowly I walked further and faster and even started doing some jogging intervals. I also make sure to do some strength training at least a couple times a week. Don't worry about bulking up - women can't really do that without specific training, supplements, etc. it's great for you for more consistent calorie burn and the small muscles you build will help fill in the loose skin when you get closer to goal.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I started off at 268 lbs and am now 175 lbs as of todays weigh in. I still have more to go and its been a long and not always so easy journey but so worth it. You are worth every bit of effort you put into yourself. Know, that it IS possible.

Feel free to add me as well if you would like. I would love to be a part of your journey :)