Necesito recetas veganas latinas, por fa!! Vegetarian Latin

Options
NuevaNatalia
NuevaNatalia Posts: 72 Member
My children and I will be going to Cuba for a month to spend time with family and I want to prepare some dishes for them that are vegetarian and healthy, a twist on the usual fare. For example, Cuban rice and beans (congrí) is cooked with deep-fried pork skin and grease (chicharrón). Tamales are stuffed with pork or cheese.

If you have any recipes (doesn't have to be Cuban) or if you can direct me to any sites (Spanish or English, doesn't matter), I would really appreciate it.

Even though I don't eat fish, I'd appreciate some fish dishes too.

Muchísimas gracias!

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I mix cooked soaked black beans with cooked long grain brown rice. I usually mix in low sodium homemade salsa and sometimes vegan cheese. Other times I eat it plain. It is very filling and nutritious. You could use cuban spices as well.
  • NuevaNatalia
    NuevaNatalia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ahhh. Good idea for the rice. There is a Costa Rican dish called Gallo Pinto which is similar to Cuban rice and beans. Apparently there is a light salsa broth mixed in that is low in sodium. I'll check it out.
  • sarahsfaith
    sarahsfaith Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you still need recetas let me know, and if you understand spanish, better!