Tattoos?

Options
SoldierDad
SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
Hi all my sexy darlins in MFP land. So I have a tattoo on my upper arm of a big cross (would post pic but I am at work) and I want to get a couple more tats. I am thinking of having the name Jesus tattooed above the cross and each of my kids name on the left and right of the cross (and room underneath for future kids names when I marry whoever Miss. Right turns out to be). Ideas for other tatts? Background info on me: I am a single dad with full custody of my kids and my life revolves around them. I coach all my sons’ sports (soccer, basketball, football), I am his scout den leader and when I am not at work I spend all my time with the kids. I am a Christian, a huge Yankee’s fan, a cowboy and a former soldier. Any ideas will be welcomed, and appreciated!! Everyone just have a totally awesome day! You are gorgeous, amazing and just totally rock! I love you gorgeous darlins!
:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Blessings & love,
Ed

Replies

• ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    YANKEES?!?! Ack!!!!! I have to take back my "application!" :)
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Options
    you should get the red sox logo tatted on your back. BIG. haha
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    While I agree with the above poster about the Yankees, LOL sry Die hard SF Giants Fan here, May I suggest the American Flag and you can put your future children's name on the stripes.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    I can only think of one tattoo that would be right for you:

:heart: a BIG HEART :heart:

That's what you have!! :laugh:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    How about pics of your kids when they were baby's?
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have two tattoos on me and both are smallish. Both have very special meaning to me and me alone. IMO should you decide to get more, they should be something that is important to you as they will be there for life (maybe??) Your children are definitely the biggest contender in my book. As serving your country was another HUGE part of you, I would think along those lines... but whatever you do, make it your own.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    NEVER get a tat of someones name unless you're related by blood! You will regret it at some point. I'm beyond happy that I never got my ex's name tat'd on me. We were together for 11 years and I never even thought of having his name inked on.
    I however am getting Isaiah 40:31 and an eagle done on my right shoulder blade. I have a triquetra on my neck (represents the Holy Trinity). I want a huge cross covering most of my back...that job will cost me almost $700. Eeek.
    I also want lyrics from a song by Demon Hunter "Save sorrow for the souls in doubt"...on my left shoulder blade. They are a Christian metal band...you should check them out.
    I would suggest having your favorite hymn...either the words or the music tat'd somewhere. It'd look really nice.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My advice is always never get ANY names tattooed on your skin unless it's your kids' or the Lord - because everything else changes. :smile: You know that!

I have a spider on my back shoulder (I dig spiders), a chikara on my ankle (symbol for strength) and a seahorse on my calf because I love water/the ocean and seahorses are neat :smile: . A good point to mention, the seahorse is covering up another tattoo that I got on a whim and later regretted. So make your decision wisely. You know that too though!

I think something related to your military service would be perfect.:heart: Love ya Ed!
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    my husband plans on getting our prints of our children's feet on his chest, right over his heart, with their names and birth dates. I think you should definitely get something that means something to you :) your children are obviously important to you, and anything for them would be awesome. :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I'd never advise anyone on a tattoo. One of the reasons I've never got one done is I have a hard enough time deciding what shoes to wear in the morning, let alone what to have inked into my skin for a lifetime.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    YANKEES?!?! Ack!!!!! I have to take back my "application!" :)

lol married women can't put in applications to date me even if they gorgeous!
  • undrcvrcop
    Options
    Check out other tat sites, and get some ideas from there, to make your own. I am getting a cross next month done on my back-right shoulder, with my sons' names, in their memory. They passed away 2yrs ago (twins born premature). I have several other tats, some with meaning and some just because :o) Play around on paper and start drawing different things and using the names. Just be sure before getting it done. A good tat artist will ask you what you are thinking about and they can help you create it. Your idea sounds good, just don't do too much to it. It is easy to add alot to one, but it doesn't translate well when finished. Look at other ideas besides crosses: tribal designs, portraits, animals etc... And....sorry about you liking the Yankees :oP I'm a die-hard Texas Rangers fan (I'm from Ft. Worth)!

Good luck with your tat!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have two tattoos on me and both are smallish. Both have very special meaning to me and me alone. IMO should you decide to get more, they should be something that is important to you as they will be there for life (maybe??) Your children are definitely the biggest contender in my book. As serving your country was another HUGE part of you, I would think along those lines... but whatever you do, make it your own.

I agree - all of mine, and there are many, have come with important changes in my life. I also have to be mindful of where I place tattoos because of my professional image. They each have meaning and have helped plan the future ones, since I am not done yet.

I do like the baby footprints though if they are done really well! It's a nice reminder of just how little your babies were and how much they have grown. I don't have them because I don't have clear print images from when they were born and I don't really have room for 8 footprints(4 kids), even at baby size.

I am interested, though, to hear any decisions you make! Enjoy the process.
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I think you should get the superman logo ;-) I really like the idea of your kids names by the cross you have, so awesome! I also agree with a previous post about a big heart because you are all heart sweetie!!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    my husband plans on getting our prints of our children's feet on his chest, right over his heart, with their names and birth dates. I think you should definitely get something that means something to you :) your children are obviously important to you, and anything for them would be awesome. :)

Good gravy, tha's the cutest thing I've ever heard! I love it!!!

Hey Ed, I just thought of this, I've seen the serenity prayer tatted in an elegant script I thought it was a cool idea ...
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    How about the patch of your Military Division or Unit? Oh, and Thank You for your service to this country.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

I've seen the same thing but with their children's hand prints, thought it was a unique tattoo.
  • jpowell3976
    jpowell3976 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump. Plan on showing you my tattoo's of my children's names hand/footprints later...got to get on the treadmill! :happy:
  • Angel87a
    Angel87a Posts: 113
    Options
    This kind of sounds like a description for Match.com
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Only my opinion since I don't know you!

Depending on the cross and what it looks like. I think in place of putting Jesus above it ....maybe the crown of thorns connected to the cross or hanging from the top of the cross. Your children on the sides of the cross is some awesome script writting. It would have some splendid meaning. Jesus sacrificed himself, for us. You would scarifice yourself for your children. I am big on tats having meaning. Since you are going to have this art work on your body the rest of your life.

My hubby had a rose on his bi-cep done when he was in the military. It was nice, I liked it. A few months ago he surprised me by having it re worked. He added my name above the rose, and our two grand daughters names below mine in script writting with like a flowing banner. It turned out very impressive. He said he would never put any ones name on his body. After 17 years together he did it.

I sorta feel like he did it because he's feeling insecure because I had lost a 100 lbs at that time. He is still on the heavy side. But what ever his intentions were, it was a very kind gesture.

Tats I would not recommend. A noose going around your neck and the rope up the side of your face!!! Yes, I actually saw this at a vendors convention. Love Hate on your fingers, never understood this one.

Also on your tat if you are wanting more of a back ground you could put a few clouds around it, or even flames. I am sure you can understand the meanngs of thos two options.

Best Wishes~Rhonda