does gaining/losing ruin tattoos?

Options
2»

Replies

• sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll get it on the back of my shoulder or side of rib cage, those areas don't balloon up too much due to baby growing do they?
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    It depends on the person. I know people who have had babies and their tattoos are perfectly fine, or who lost weight/gained muscle and have no problems, but I also know of people who got those sun tattoos around their bellybuttons that used to be in fashion and now have shapeless blobs. Hips and back should be okay, but once again, it's down to the individual. Do you have designs in mind?
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    yeah I want articuno wings on my back and a lapras/pikachu tattoo that was gonna be on my hip but maybe isn't the best idea...I didn't want it on the back of my shoulder though as I don't want my back to be too crowded...
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    if you want children in the future, dont get a stomach tattoo. Its very hit and miss whether it would survive it
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    my hubby has said my "tramp stamp" lol has gotten smaller ;)

Funny...my husband says my tattoo has gotten bigger (my back has shrunk!!! :laugh: )
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It really honestly depends on the person and the location of the tattoo. Some people can get away with nothing happening to theirs, others not so much. I have tattoos and have been up and down in my weight and they haven't changed. As long as you lose the weight slowly, they most likely won't be damaged. If you lose it fast, then you're looking at them being damaged. I'm wanting to get a tattoo on my forearm but I'm going to wait til I lose some weight. I need to wait anyways cause right now I'm doing water exercises and I won't be able to get in the water if I get it done now! But in all honesty, you could probably get away with the back one, but I'd wait on the hip one and the rib cage if you're considering that spot now.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo on my hip. It's kind of right on the edge of the area that was stretch for each pregnancy (I've had 3). It's kind of blurry now, but it's also 13 years old and only cost $35 (cheaper might mean not as good). I've thought about getting it covered but have decided I'm okay with it being blurry.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of a comedian I heard once. Said something along the lines of; “All these cute young girls getting these butterfly tramp stamps on their low backs. When they get old it will look like a pterodactyl attacking their *kitten*”
  • _angua_
    _angua_ Posts: 35
    Options
    My brother is a tat artist (he works at Staircase Tattoo in Santa Cruz) and he says the wrist/ankles should be no problem.

That's where I got my tattoo done! It's been 5 years so no idea who did it though.