Anyone else losing weight to try to conceive?

Options
Just curious! My husband and I want to start trying to make babies soon. But there's no way my body is healthy enough to build a human! My main motivation for losing weight is to be as healthy as possible for starting this journey.

Is anyone else trying to lose weight for similar reasons?

Replies

• Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am not....but my sister did. She had a lot of difficulty getting pregnant. She started exercising daily (pretty mild Wii Fit), switched to whole grain pasta, and she eats A LOT of pasta. Lost 15lbs and then got pregnant!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    :flowerforyou: There's a group on here for people trying to conceive, or just working toward trying... I don't remember what it's called but if you do a search in the forums it's pretty obvious when you see it! Good luck
  • christinaburns
    Options
    Good to know! Thanks, Jodi!
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Im not TTC at the moment, but im losing the weigh before i TTC. I have 100+ lbs to be at a healthy weight so i wanna kick it to the curb b4 babies come!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband and I have been TTC for about four years. I've finally decided to lose some weight, hoping that it will help in that process. I've lost about 50 lbs, but we're going to wait until I've lost another 50 before we really start to try again.
  • Kassielin13
    Kassielin13 Posts: 263
    Options
    My husband and I have been TTC for 15 months now and battling PCOS along with it. Losing weight is my only option at this point. I have to take medications and so far with losing weight my body is trying to regulate itself!
  • DGSki
    DGSki Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am not trying at the moment, but I would like to be as healthy as possible, with some good habbits before we try. I want my uterus and body to be a healthy friendly enviroment to help the little one out as much as possible! :)
  • christinaburns
    Options
    Good to know there are so many of us out here! I'm actually not TTC yet either--I want to lose about 80 before we begin actively trying. At the same time, we're not doing anything to stop it. :P

It's so exciting to be at this phase in our lives, isn't it? And to recognize that now's the time to make the changes we need to make to be healthier, for our future babies. :) Woooo!