Question for WOMEN?????

Does anyone else gain 4+ pounds when on their menstrual cycle or is it just me. While I'm still exercising and sticking to my alotted calorie intake I don't seem to lose but gain a whole lot. Today is my weigh-in day and I refuse to log these extra pounds that I have worked so hard to get rid of........any advice/solutions???:mad:

Replies

• Justamom410
    Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
    I usually gain a pound or so...this last month I only gained 2 ounces...but I think that's because we were on the go so much the week before. My normal is between 1 - 2 lbs. It's usually all water weight though!
  • chichi_76
    chichi_76 Posts: 30
    I gain a HUGE amt too
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Yep ... I go up 3-4 lbs and then it's gone again in a few days. I don't let it bother me, I just wait for it to pass. :)
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Yep, I gain up to five lbs. :(
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Trust me you're not the only one! Last month I gained 9 pounds and I finally got it off this week! And guess what's dur agin any minute now? Yep, TOM! Ugh! Sometimes it's tough being a woman but I wouldn't want to be a man! :tongue:
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 301
    I would try drinking more water during that time, and not weighing, if you can handle that. It's hard not to see the progress, but if you don't see the gain, then you may stay on track more. At least that would work for me. Good luck!
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    my weight flucuates around that time as well!! I try to avoid the scale during that time b/c i get discouraged!
  • k4mom
    k4mom Posts: 4 Member
    dont forget to get in your WATER every day, every drop. Buy yourself a big Bubba Keg and keep it full of ice water - lemon wedge or some fresh mint and have that bubba with you all the time. you know you have your cell with you always -- put the bubba keg in the other hand and hydrate!! Always helps me during the "monthly madness" to flush out fluids that want to stay in
  • feysheart
    feysheart Posts: 9
    Yup, I do this every month. I gain like five pounds lol it suuuucks! i have to work harder usually that week. When my period starts it goes away. No worries, its just fluid weight.
  • YES! YES! Yes! Though I do not have a period anymore, the weight gain is a normal thing during that time. It is attributed to water being stored in the body. Keep up your exercise and calorie restriction. You should see the difference when your cycle is over for the month. But, be aware that it will happen again next month. Good Luck!
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Yes I gain anywhere from 4 - 9+ lbs!

I did loose this month's TOM/FLO by slightly increasing my caloric intake! yay for me! =)

Also drink tons of fluids, it helps your body "flush" your system!
  • deenanna
    deenanna Posts: 39
    I think it's because we bloat and we retain water during this part of our cycles. I usually don't track my weight while on my period because it is misleading.
  • SMCNEIL40
    SMCNEIL40 Posts: 80 Member
    Yes, because of water retention. I have noticed it and I am dealing with it now. I was on the scale and I was 1 lbs higher. I am not going to log until after my cycle is finished. Don't worry to much about it.
  • kylies1219
    kylies1219 Posts: 80 Member
    I usually bloat about a week before my period (up to 5 lbs I've put on) but then the day my period actually starts the 5 lbs is gone. Hormones... ughhh... lol
  • kslindner
    kslindner Posts: 107
    Three Words: Diurex Water Pills. They help!!!
  • before my weigh in i did i went back up to my starting weight 112lbs
    but when it cam to weigh in id only lost 0.6lbs so not really a worthy loss :)
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    I usually gain a whopping 7 lbs!!!! It's just water weight and it will go away. I never log my weight during my TOM. Matter of fact, I don't even get on the scale lol!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    I gain about a pound, it goes away when TOM is over. I don't even worry about it.
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Yes, I have gained 3 lbs since yesterday, and 2 since a few days ago....NOT FUN. So altogether I've gained 5 lbs in just a few days, and I just got my TOM yesterday, it sucks! Cuz it takes me a week or 2 to get the weight back off! I wish I could do better.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    I do then have a great loss after.