Very Awkward To Ask...

Options
Ok, so this is really a random and very awkward subject but I have always heard that sex burns a ton of calories. How true is this?

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    honestly it really doesnt. And that depends on which position you are in on how much effort you are truly exerting
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    You can check the calories burned by having sex here. I log it on MFP as aerobic exercise.
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    and how long
  • CristlNothem
    CristlNothem Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i guess it all depends on how much you actually do and move around. I find it great for stretching after a workout :) I would love to know if anyone can answer about the calorie burning though!!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Not enough to rely on it as your form of exercise.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    honestly it really doesnt. And that depends on which position you are in on how much effort you are truly exerting

How do you know, did you wear a HRM?:laugh:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Are you sweating by the end of it? if so good for you.
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You can check the calories burned by having sex here. I log it on MFP as aerobic exercise.

We can have sex here? sweet
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I assume it would depend on how rough and tumble you get.
    If you're panting and sweating and exhausted after (just like a workout) I would assume that you'd have burnt some.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    All I know is when Hubby and I were dating, too many years ago, we were both VERY FIT! "wink wink" I would imagine yes it burns some cals but not any more than the same amount of time exercising. :love:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    It does if you do it on an exercise bike and are the pedaler.
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have heard some people on here say they did in fact where thier HRM whilst engaging in the act and for them it was a FANTASTIC burn... :blushing:
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    It is pretty fascinating to think about but I wouldn't log it as exercise anyway so maybe I'm better off not knowing :P
  • christinaburns
    Options
    I think unless you're on top, he's burning most of the calories. I wonder if switching positions a lot helps balance that out... that's what we tend to do. :P
  • Bikeminx
    Bikeminx Posts: 51
    Options
    We have opened up the way for a "sex exercise" book. Then again imagine a DVD! What a great excuse ... Erm it's my workout DVD ...
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    It does if you do it on an exercise bike and are the pedaler.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I wore my HRM once, it's a good work out , but obviously different for everyone :tongue:
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I don't log it as "exercise," same as I don't log my regular activites, such as walking to the bus stop and the train. (A lot of times, I'm RUNNING because i'm late)! I just consider it a bonus :-)

Would that be a total buzzkill to wear a HRM? Hmmm... lol
  • Bikeminx
    Bikeminx Posts: 51
    Options
    I don't log it as "exercise," same as I don't log my regular activites, such as walking to the bus stop and the train. (A lot of times, I'm RUNNING because i'm late)! I just consider it a bonus :-)

Would that be a total buzzkill to wear a HRM? Hmmm... lol

Maybe you could get a black leather one and blag it as fetish wear lol
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options
    I don't count it. I don't count washing dishing, light cleaning, etc. either. I figure this site seems to overestimate calories burned, so I like to be on the safe side.