TOM and Weight Loss

Options
Okay so, when my TOM came around 2 days ago I didn't gain any weight which I found really strange since I always end up gaining about 3-4 pounds but I felt extremely bloated. As crummy as I've been feeling I kept at it with switching between walking, jogging, and working out - this morning I weighed myself and I lost a pound! I know it's just a pound but I feel so good since TOM is always a pain when it comes to weight loss.

I know the recommended calorie intake is 1200 but since I started dieting I'm constantly checking everything making sure it's low in calories, sugar, sodium, etc....my typical calorie intake per day is about 800 or less at times - should I try and eat a little more? I mean I'm not hungry I listen to my body and eat when I feel hungry and at times I even treat myself with pork rinds with lemon as a snack but I'm just worried I might need to eat more. I have breakfast every morning, lunch everyday, and for dinner I always keep it light or just have a snack.

Replies

• timjai
    timjai Posts: 113
    Options
    If you don't eat enough your body will just store more to stop you from starving so you have two options... starve completely (obviously not really a choice) or just eat a little bit more so your body has enough to keep going!
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    You should be careful, eating under 1200 calories is considered starvation mode and that may actually cause you to gain weight, your body will feed off of the muscle as gross at that sounds. Just my opinion though.
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    even if I don't feel hungry I should still put something in my stomach? It's so strange though 'cus before dieting I was always constantly hungry and overweight LOL
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Personally I try not to eat more than my body needs, my body tells me what it needs by telling me it's hungry. If your body fat is over 30% you aren't likely to this "starvation" mode, plus it takes months to get to that stage.

You don't look like you have 40lbs to lose but make sure when you do eat it's good nutritious food and you should be fine.
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)