I finished C25K today

Options
Carek99
Carek99 Posts: 25 Member
As much as I just wanted to sleep in this morning, I got up and did Week 9 Day 3 of C25K. I even went through the extra effort of increasing my pace. I'm still running slower than I would like, but I'm running.

Now I just have to figure out what to do next.

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    great job!!!! :)
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    i would say find some 5k races around you and join, there is no greater motivator for guys at least than when we put money on something to follow through - train for those races.
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good job! Have you signed up for a 5k yet? They also have a bridge to 8k you could do? It gets you up to running for one hour straight.
  • rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Awesome! My daughter, the former couch potato is doing a C25K right now & I know it's a real challenge. Keep it up!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You can continue to improve your time and speed.
  • LosinMama2b
    Options
    WOW! So awesome!!! I'm on the last day of week 4 (finish it out tonight) and week 9 seems so far away. Its such an accomplishment!! Definitely sign up for a 5k. I signed up for one in September to give me motivation to keep going and it really works. You'll keep up your running regimen that way too. Good luck!!! And KEEP RUNNING!
  • jennyocox
    jennyocox Posts: 143
    Options
    There is a C210K if you're up for it!
    http://i.imgur.com/liigs.jpg
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Continue to do interval runs, when I was on the track team in high school we used to run about two miles on the track doing a lap as fast as you can, resting for about a minute and doing the next lap. That helped us build up speed. I am re-doing C25K right now b/c I didn't get to finish it before I did my first race. My endurance still stinks (this is what happens when you take 16 years off from running) so I am hoping to build that up. My speed is ok so I hope it all ties itself together nicely in 8 more weeks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!