Started this week.. Saying HI

Options
pixelled
pixelled Posts: 70 Member
I stumbled upon this site on Wednesday reading a random blog and thought it might be just what I need. I'm usually about 120-122 lbs but last winter I gained 20 pounds. I came down with the flu.. twice and basically stopped going to the gym. I also was partaking in far too many "comfort" foods. NONE of my clothes fit and even my fat clothes are a bit snug. I have a small frame so 20 lbs is a lot of pounds.

I've tried low carb but since I am back at the gym and working out hard I find this to be a poor choice for me. It makes my workouts far too difficult and I have no energy. I also worry that I'll put the weight back on once I add carbs back in. But I do have a problem with eating the wrong kind of foods when I'm stressed (which I have been at work lately).

I'm thinking the good old fashion track what you eat and consume less than you use approach is the best one for me. Also enjoying reading the forums, lots of great support and inspiration here.

Replies

• ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    I also stumbled on this website and found it to be so supportive and helpful! I just started this week and like you, found low carb to sap my energy for workouts, so I'm reverting back to the tried and true measure of sensible eating and exercise. The difference now is this wonderful community! Feel free to friend me - I've hooked up with a great many people who have already made a huge difference for me this week! I wish you luck on your journey. You don't have much to lose, so you're well on your way there!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    Indeed, you will find lots of support here. I know all about stress eating also. Best way to avoid that is to plan ahead what food you will eat that day and even have some healthy but tasty choices lined up, like some favourite fruit. Be well.
  • kellyth78
    kellyth78 Posts: 35
    Options
    hi there. i just started today so new to all this too. good luck, you'll do just fine.
    kelly
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!!