Whats you weekly goal?

I am down to 155 from 195. My goal being 145.

How much do you try to lose in a week? I have been aiming for 2lbs but I'm wondering if I should change to 1 or 1.5.

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Nah, 2lbs per week is fine although I wouldn't go any higher than that. I eat my 1000 calorie deficit of my maintenance and I make sure to hit my macros, and I'm losing 2 a week. Sometimes it's 1-1.5 a week though.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    I am ok with 1.5 a week, as long as something is coming off.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    A weekly goal is a very fluid pinpoint for me. I work out hard, and being over 40, weight loss is stubborn. So rather than a poundage goal, my goal is to stay in my calorie range 6 out of 7 days and to work out at least 3 x a week. If I accomplish these goals weekly I know I will get to where I want to be with commitment!

Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Personally I think 1lb (or even 0.5lb) a week is more realistic....I have come down to 174lbs from 220lbs in two years and find it VERY hard to lose 1lb a week now. I have decided that I am now going to aim for losing 1lb a month and anything else I lose over and above this is a bonus! My experience is that slow weight loss is more frustrating but is easily achievable in the long term as long as you stick to all your good eating habits and exercise.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    I'm aiming for 1 pound a week.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    My goal is 1 lb a week. I was losing right at 1.25 lb a week until this plateau hit. Now I'd settle for any loss at all!!
  • MAG2010
    MAG2010 Posts: 30
    I really aim for 2 lbs a week (average). But I'm okay with an average. Meaning if it's one lb one week, 3 lbs the next, etc....if I can look back over the weeks and add it up and have it average 2 lbs a week then I'm happy.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    My weekly goal? To get all my workouts in, have some fun, eat breakfast... and whatever happens, happens.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    2 is great if you can stand it. I failed at 2lbs because I was not allowed to eat enough. Much more success at 1lb per week.