Taking a Survey

Options
regions02
regions02 Posts: 154 Member
Getting ready to leave on a 2 week camping trip. How many of you would take your scales - I like to weigh every morning? I'm sure my hubby would have a stroke it I wanted to pack it!

Replies

• rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I say don't take it. You're going to be active, and as long as you stay mindful of your foods, you'll be great! Have fun!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't take it either. Enjoy your time away, but do make sure you stay true to your calorie/exercise goals. Hope you have a great time!
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    The reward may be greater if you leave it, then see 5 lbs come off the scale when you return home. As opposed to a potentially gradual loss in weight on the trip! Leave the results at home, take the goals with you. :)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Naw, I wouldn't...have fun!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    No way! Don't be a slave to the scale. Have fun and be active and don't worry about it!
  • kellyth78
    kellyth78 Posts: 35
    Options
    got to agree, leave the scales at home. i love camping, have a great holiday, be aware of what you eat, enjoy the outdoors exercise and weigh in once you get back home. enjoy being away from it all.
    kelly
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Leave it at home!! It's really going to amaze you when you get home and see how much weight youve dropped!!
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I agree, (another camper here)

Leave that baby at home! =) It might enjoy the rest :bigsmile:

I'm a daily weigh-er to, but going on vacation soon and leaving that puppy behind for over a week!

I like someone's suggestion, take the goals, leave the scale! Come home happy!! :smooched: You'll love it more!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I would leave the scale at home and have a good time.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to leave on a 2 week camping trip. How many of you would take your scales - I like to weigh every morning? I'm sure my hubby would have a stroke it I wanted to pack it!

Nope - Don't take it. You will be active, and as long as you make good choices, then you can see how good your choices and activity are when you come back and then you can jump on the scale.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    No way! Leave it at home. It won't read the same anyway to why bother and upset your trip!
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    Leave your scale @ home but not your diet :)
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Leave it home, I am - of course I will only be away from mine for 4 days, but I can't wait to see results after a brief time away from it (I usually weigh every morning!)

Go enjoy your time and be active!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Um...are you just tent camping? Or are you back packing? I like to packpack and only bring in what I need to live for the week. I can't imagine taking a scale. I say go without it...just make healthy choices and do the best you can. If you're hiking a lot and drinking plenty of fluids and not consuming alcohol....you'll probably drop weight.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    No, don't take it.
  • Danigirl1028
    Options
    I say don't take it. You'll be able to tell by the way you feel. Even if you don't eat as well as normal as long as your being active like hiking or walking you will be fine. One less thing for you to stress about. Have fun on your trip.
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! You've talked me into leaving it at home. I will be walking and biking and am going to do my best to stay on track - I do plan to make a blackberry cobbler in my dutch oven but will be sharing it with a lot of people, so as long as I get a tiny bite, I'll be okay. I'll check back in on August 2nd!