Hi there, I'm a new member so sorry if I'm boring you all wi

Options
Its just that I have been doing this for about 2 days now and its going great with the food monitoring, I cant complain although I did overshoot my fat intake yesterday, but so far so good. What I have noticed however (and thats because I backdated by one day) is that my water intake is very low .. non-existent unless its on the days when I go to the gym and I always carry (and drink!) a bottle of water (albeit 1/2 a litre or just over). What I would like to know is whether drinking tea really can count towards your water intake. I have looked at the previous topics and I can see that its split down the middle but just to say that I drink Redbush tea, about 5 mugs a day, I dont add sugar or milk and if its not this particular tea it will be any (no caffeine) herbal tea without milk or sugar

https://www.redbushtea.com/index.aspx

Replies

• mayatiger
    mayatiger Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi! As long as it doesn't have caffeine, it counts!!! :wink:
  • kimbec1966
    Options
    I have heard that Caffeine Free Diet Drinks count as water also ..if you just need that fizzy taste.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hi! As long as it doesn't have caffeine, it counts!!! :wink:

I agree! I drink decaf iced tea alot in the summer and count it.
  • kettlenic
    kettlenic Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    It is a herbal tea - so no cals

it is delicious
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    My aunt did Nutrisystem, and they allowed her to count diet caffeine free soda as water. My other suggest (which is what I do) is add Crystal light to your water. I don't like plain water an drinking too much diet soda isn't good, so I started adding Crystal Light to my water. It makes a world of different. I don't know much about tea. Welcome aboard though!!!
  • cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Most teas have at least some amount of caffeine by nature. I wouldn't count it myself, but thats just me.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Water = No Cafeine, Non Carbonated and No Sugar.

So as long as it meets those three things, it's water!
  • dnsrmr
    dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I brew a large decaffeinated tea bag in about 8oz hot water which I DO count as my intake, then I fill the rest with 24 ice cubes which when melted adds another 24oz of water, so YES I count this as drinking 4 glasses of water.
    What I do on my food diary is I separate the tea bag from the water and add it to the little glass on the bottom of my food diary (by clicking on it) towards my water count.
    If you'd like to review my food diary for the past few days you're more than welcome to so you can see what I mean.
    If you're new to this site - don't be so hard on yourself. We are all here to support your goal as we've all or are going through the same thing as you.
    Good luck & God bless U~ :flowerforyou: *Dee*
  • FatF2011
    FatF2011 Posts: 6
    Options
    Ladies, I am completely indebted to you - at least I know I'm not (as I dont feel) dehydrated for not drinking 'pure' water. MANY THANKS TO YOU ALL :-)