Adding some ab/core exercises to my routine - some advice?

Options
I'm looking to add 2-3 ab/core exercises I can bake into my daily routine. My gym has EVERYTHING. The only exercises I currently do that work my center involve lifting sandbags over my head and throwing them like I'm shooting a basketball. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    The bicycle crunch is my favorite. After my first week doing them, I felt a huge improvement.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I like the leg lifts... it is tons easier on the neck because you aren't laying down, Its the machine that you hold yourself up by your arms and lift your legs to your stomach. Its KILLER!
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    PLANK! There are so many variations to the plank too that will just rock your core, abs and obliques. I can go into more detail if you'd like.
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Planks! I hate them with a passion and my trainer loves them. Start off doing 30 sec regular plank and then 30 sec on each side. Do 3 sets. When that gets too easy then bump the time to 45 sec.

I also like bicycles, leg lifts, scissor kicks and flutter kicks. You can google any of these and get a you tube video on how to do them properly.
  • ShampooIsBetter
    Options
    dang. all those things seem hard. :-)
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I like the leg lifts... it is tons easier on the neck because you aren't laying down, Its the machine that you hold yourself up by your arms and lift your legs to your stomach. Its KILLER!

That's the Captain's Chair and I love it too. :flowerforyou: