damn jeans

Options
Alright, I went to wa-mart today and tried on a new size of pants. Well because I have lost 22lbs and what I thought was inches. Ok first I tried on those rider jeans the instanly thinner jeans. :grumble: Just to let you know what they do they take your lower belly and push it up so it hangs over the top of your pants. :grumble: O yea that looked just great. So after that I went to just my size pants thinking that would work. Yep that didn't even work. WTH is going on. The jeans that im wearing now I can pull right off buttoned. I just tried a size smaller. :grumble: :noway: I just can't believe. This is the reason I hate trying on jeans. :explode: So much work that have done and it seems so useless. Alright, Im done venting now. Thank you for listening.

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Alright, I went to wa-mart today and tried on a new size of pants. Well because I have lost 22lbs and what I thought was inches. Ok first I tried on those rider jeans the instanly thinner jeans. :grumble: Just to let you know what they do they take your lower belly and push it up so it hangs over the top of your pants. :grumble: O yea that looked just great. So after that I went to just my size pants thinking that would work. Yep that didn't even work. WTH is going on. The jeans that im wearing now I can pull right off buttoned. I just tried a size smaller. :grumble: :noway: I just can't believe. This is the reason I hate trying on jeans. :explode: So much work that have done and it seems so useless. Alright, Im done venting now. Thank you for listening.
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Ah man that sucks! I totally feel your pain...

I say start tracking your measurement...and remember don't be crushed just because a pair of jeans didn't fit. That scale is moving for you and it's moving in the right direction and that is AWESOME!!

I havent really dropped a pant size yet but top sizes definitely..and the best part...my boobs haven't shrunk at all if anything my cups are running over!!! mwuahahahaha

Keep up the good work lady! Next time you go try on pants you'll probably go down 2 sizes!! :smile:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yep.....my 18's fresh out of the dryer fit just like my 16's after a wearing or four.....grrrr. I look for the relaxed fit Riders, they work for my figure. Can't even get a leg in the regulars.....

000202F6.gif
    Go figure......
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    two words...jeans suck
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    All jeans are not created equally. I think one of the best things I ever got from the show What not to Wear was this--it doesn't matter what size you are, it's how they fit that really matters. And it is hard to remember that when you are working at improving yourself--you want to be able to fit in those skinner jeans and be able to tell people that you have dropped pant sizes--but I for one do not want to get into a smaller jean if it means having a muffin top to wear them.

There will be a day when you go into the store not meaning to get jeans & they will just fit you right--it will happen. You have accomplished so much already--imagine what else you can do.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    All jeans are not created equally.

AMEN!!! I can wear a 10, 12 OR 14 depending on the pant cut!! Do NOT be discouraged. I still have shopping trips that SUCK. Honey, just THINK where you will be in another 22lbs from now! You are doing awesome and don't you let one shopping trip for jeans throw you off course. Keep up the fantastic work sweetie!!

And btw, I am still dealing with a muffin top :laugh: . It's almost gone but not quite...:grumble: :wink:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I always buy what fits, not what the number is...

Unfortunately, an Express size 12 dress pant that fit me four months ago (even though I was a 15-16)now doesn't fit:angry: . The only problem is that NOW, I'm going to have to go out and buy all new pants, because NOTHING FITS anymore (again).

Back to the thrift stores. AGain.:sad: :bigsmile:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I am in exactly the same situation!

My old 20s literally do not stay on... I had to hold the belt loop in the back when I am walking up stairs to keep them on. My 18s fit, but the butt is baggy and the legs are too big. And some of them I can pull off without unbuttoning. I actually have one or two pairs of 18s that still don't fit (serious muffin top situation going on there)... I have at least four different brands all in an 18.

My first major goal is to get into a 16. I am soooo done with plus size stores and want to get into clothing at more stores. I figured 12 lbs would be enough to get me there, but not even close yet! Hang in there... we can both come back and celebrate when our jeans actually fit!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

I love my instantly slims you Rider jeans! But even those are not all created equal... I bought a size 16 in blue denim that fits great, and a 16 in a khaki (didn't bother trying them on, I knew the 16 fit me... I thought) that I can't even button. Good luck in your search for what feels and looks good.
    -Robin
  • ruth369
    ruth369 Posts: 38
    Options
    Jeans make me confused, I can go as far down as a 4 in the Wallyworld riders, but everywhere else it's a 6 or 8.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone. This really helped me feel better. :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Ya, definitely, don't worry about it! Geez, a few weeks ago, I went to a thrift shop for pants, and ended up with a size 8, AND a size 12, and they both fit exactly the same! It's the pants, NOT you!
    Keep up the great job you're doing!!!
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Your doing great dont let the jean size determine how you feel...

I went to a store in the mall... and normally I wont buy jeans there but the sales lady was about my size and I told her all the problems... i.e. the roll over the top and looking like my daughter who is 14! and she found some jeans for me that look great. You might want to see what you can find in the mall then head to a much cheaper venue and find the right style.

Good Luck :)