Trying My Best

Options
ocrunner11
ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
Trying my best to keep this simple and yet I find myself wondering why is this taking so long. I gained back a pound since last weigh-in and lost inches. I should be happy with these numbers, yet I find myself upset with myself because I wanted both numbers to come down. Have you had this feeling? I know I have to evaluate my food, exercise and attitude. I have a long run tomorrow morning, 5 maybe 6 miles so eating the right carbs are important today to fuel for tomorrow morning. I have decided to weigh-in every morning so I can tell what foods are triggering a weight increase or decrease. I want to be in control of my food, not the other way around. I say to myself, take a deep breathe and focus on today only. Well enough said, Enjoy the day :flowerforyou: ! Ciao

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Losing inches is good, pounds fluctuate alot as water and other things factor in. I can't see your diary to see if you're going to far over calories or not. But if you're good there and you're monitoring your food intake, you're going to see results. Just be patient. Losing weight takes time, and lots of it.
  • beachbum0819
    Options
    I 100% agree with Saruman. Patience.............
  • Monkeylost
    Monkeylost Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Your doing fab Hun, don't forget muscle weighs more than fat so maybe your toning up and that is why you've had the gain. Keep going and you'll see a difference cos it's the longterm goal you need. I lost 2lb in my first week and I thought that was a bit of a let down. Most people tend to lose big at first. However I had lost 3 inches off my waist so it's swings n roundabouts. Add me as a friend and we can encourage each other. Xxxx
  • renderol
    renderol Posts: 21
    Options
    Your body can fluctuate in weight within 5 pounds depending on the time of day. Also gaining a pound if you are losing inches is not always a bad thing. That could mean you are going muscle! More muscle helps bur calories faster.

I know how hard it is but 1 pound doesn't always have to be dreadful!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Doing your best is sometimes all you can do while you are still finding the best routine for you.

And it sounds like you have a great plan in the works to find what is best for your body.

Hang in there. :flowerforyou:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Thank you so much! I feel empowered with your words of guidance! Enjoy the Day, Ciao:flowerforyou:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Thank you ! I agree and will stay focused. Enjoy the Day, Ciao:flowerforyou:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Patience is what I get from your response, thank you! Enjoy the Day! Ciao:flowerforyou:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Guess I need to be ok, with 1lb at least it isn't more, right??? Thank you so much! Enjoy the Day, Ciao:flowerforyou:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Need to follow my own advice! Thank you so much. Ciao :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: