eating traps =[ help!

Options
so i have fallen into this horrible habbit of eating a snack after i eat dinner. this might not seem like such a problem but the thing is that its not just something little. i always end up eating something thats more meal like but just a smaller portion. i know what i should do, the answer is easy! not eat so much that is unneccessary. im pretty sure its boredom/ stress eating... what do you guys do when this happens to you? how do you help control your self from eating extra even though you know you dont need to =[

thanks!

Replies

• ecoop459
    ecoop459 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    so i have fallen into this horrible habbit of eating a snack after i eat dinner. this might not seem like such a problem but the thing is that its not just something little. i always end up eating something thats more meal like but just a smaller portion. i know what i should do, the answer is easy! not eat so much that is unneccessary. im pretty sure its boredom/ stress eating... what do you guys do when this happens to you? how do you help control your self from eating extra even though you know you dont need to =[

thanks!
  • greeneggsam
    Options
    A couple of tips that I use when I am in the same situation:

1) Break your dinner up into two parts. Have one for part for dinner and one for a snack. As a lot of people here will tell you, it helps to eat smaller portions throughout the day anyway than to have a few larger meals.

2) Find some super-healthy snacks. Sounds obvious, right? I keep lots of cut up veggies, dry cereal, 60 cal yogurts, and Quakes (little rice cakes) on hand for late-night munchies. After some time, you'll get used to either the taste of these low-cal snacks, or you'll get so sick of them that they won't tempt you!
  • smprfi222
    Options
    Try drinking instead of eating. As a student, I find that if I keep a glass or bottle of water next to me while doing homework late at night helps me from reaching for food. I think its mostly the stress or boredom reaction that you mentioned. Even if you do end up eating later, your stomach will be full of water so you will eat less.