Going to get it right this time!

Options
Just started on here today, and started my new outlook on health and wellness Monday! I am excited to really step up and make a change in my lifestyle. I am only about 10-12 lbs overweight, but I am also only 29 with no kids to keep me busy yet. I wanted to make my last year of my 20s a "no more excuses" year.

I have started on sties like this before and I am really hoping this time it will stick. I have a friend at work to keep me motivated with weekly weigh ins and a trip at the end of August to help keep me motivated.

So in starting fresh Monday, I had three goals for week 1:
1. Exercise at least three times a week. Today will be my third, with a bike ride to the beach planned tomorrow.
2. Drink my 8 cups of water a day! I have always struggled with this for some reason. Not anymore! I have read countless articles about how this needs to be a number 1 priority. Now i drink at least 2 liters while at work so anything else is just gravy! Going strong.
3. Lay of the booze! I am a very social person with a large group of friends. Its always someone's bday, holiday, wedding, etc. so there is always a reason to celebrate. I am committed to only having drinks 2 nights/week and trying to stick to 2 drinks. So far so good, but I have been staying in! Weekend will be a challenge.

Any good tips or goals to incorporate moving forward are welcome! I figure if i keep freshening up the goals, they'll turn into habits and stick...finally!

Any good tips or goals you have for me are welcomed!

Thanks for the support!

Replies

• photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan to me! You can do it!!! :happy:
  • GingerBroad
    GingerBroad Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am slow going at the moment...but going!