C25K vs Treadmill Calories

Options
Hey everyone!
I have been using the C25K app for about 3 days now, but I noticed a huge difference in my calorie burn, when comparing the two?
Which one do you use?
Your treadmill calories or your C25K app?
Thanks for your input!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    treadmill calories burned are not accurate. You need an HRM.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If the treadmill is based on heart rate it is probably more accurate then the C25K one. I use my heart rate monitor, MFP' calculations and this: http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm then average it out and add the number of minutes that corresponds to that average at the approximate speed I jogged.

Hope it helps.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hmm - my C25k app doesn't give me calories burned. I know my treadmill generally runs higher than what MFP says, and I do C25k at a bit of an incline, so I take about 50-100 calories off what my treadmill says and log it as that. (It's pretty close to what MFP says...)

I'd rather overestimate what I eat and underestimate what I exercise. :wink:
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    My treadmill gives me 30 calories burned for the 2+ miles I run haha so I never ever use it. I think its broken or something anyway a HRM is best. I do not have one but I hear there cool beans.
  • jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If the treadmill is based on heart rate it is probably more accurate then the C25K one. I use my heart rate monitor, MFP' calculations and this: http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm then average it out and add the number of minutes that corresponds to that average at the approximate speed I jogged.

Hope it helps.
    Great! That does help! Thank you!
  • jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hmm - my C25k app doesn't give me calories burned. I know my treadmill generally runs higher than what MFP says, and I do C25k at a bit of an incline, so I take about 50-100 calories off what my treadmill says and log it as that. (It's pretty close to what MFP says...)

I'd rather overestimate what I eat and underestimate what I exercise. :wink:
    If you go to the journal and enter your weight and distance and walking and running pace it is suppose to figure it for you!