I'm sure it's been asked 1000 times but...

Options
13»

Replies

• MAG2010
    MAG2010 Posts: 30
    Options
    I don't.....I don't feel like I work out hard enough to say that I earned them. If I was doing a Biggest Loser workout that would be one thing. I get that you need fuel but I don't feel like 45 minutes on the treadmill warrants an extra 200 calories. So I stick to my 1200 a day regardless of if I work out or not. Instead, I make that 1200 calories a day count. I get in 60-90 grams of protein, fruits and veggies and make sure I get in 80-100 oz of water.
  • Millie77
    Millie77 Posts: 39
    Options
    Thank you! People are so mean sometimes!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    In my opinion and experience, it is not so cut and dried. It depends a lot on how close you are to an optimum body weight and fat percentage. The further you are away, the less important it is for you to eat back those calories since your body has plenty of highly accessible fat stores--think about Biggest Loser contestants. Eating at least 1200 is also to ensure that you get sufficient nutrition...not just calories. As you increase muscle mass and reduce body fat, you need to provide energy and nutrition in the source of regular food intake. Two people can weigh exactly the same and yet have very different composition when it comes to lean muscle and fat.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    it's been asked more than 1000 times.

Click on Search

or, you could just be nice and answer the question/concerns. thanks.

Or just don't answer the post.....
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    i am to be eating 1260 calories a day, when I exercise should I be eating my calories back? And if I dont eat them back am I getting enough calories in for the day?

exercise-calories">http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/279449-a-very-very-simple-thought-on-exercise-calories
  • madworld711
    Options
    wow. i've never understood why people feel the need to be so smart-assy.

anyway, I tend to eat mine back. I need the fuel to workout the next day. Some people don't eat them back, but I just get too weak & tired. If I get too weak and tired to workout, then my progress will be stalled anyhow.
  • AmyParker979
    AmyParker979 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump (since the original post is locked :ohwell: )