Homemade Salad Dressing

Options
vetsnatural
vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
Had a salad for lunch and a coworker showed me her homemade salad dressing recipe to use on it. Olive oil, Garlic, Worchestire Sauce (Lea & Perrin of course) and a good Balsamic Vinegar. Of course you could add other herbs or seasonings that are to you liking. You know what, I Loved it and have all the ingredients at home except for the Balsamic Vinegar, which I will be stopping by the store to purchase. All less than 100 calories. (I don't like my salad swimming as well as I don't like very much oil). What are your homemade salad dressing recipes if you have any? Would be good as a Marinade as well.

Replies

• triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Fresh squeezed orange and lemon juice with just a little olive oil. Chopped cilantro, red onion and garlic. A little worchestire sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Great as a dressing and as a marinade.

Hope you like it! :o)
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    i make a salad dressing with balsamic vinegar, a little EVOO, rosemary, dijon mustard and pepperocini juice! Sooo good! and around 100 cals per serving..less if I use less EVOO!
  • gpwalling
    gpwalling Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Vets,

I like a simple 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to 2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. You can add spices, salt, pepper, and a teaspoon of dijon mustard (blended in with a fork) etc. or use it without anything else added. Also, you can use olive oil infused with blood orange instead of plain olive oil.

Glenn
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    There is a great "Ranch" dressing from Appetite for Reduction... it's called Sanctuary Dressing or something like that. Yummy. She also has one that is made with soaked cashews blended up to replace the cream in a creamy balsamic dressing that is also incredibly delicious. I don't have the cookbook infront of my at the moment, but they are worth looking into.
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow, all of these sound Delish... I am definitely a Vinegarette type of person and all of these sound like variations of the same bases... Vinegar (Balsamic or Apple Cider), Garlic, Olive Oil, Worchesire sauce, lemon juice and other seasonings..... Love Love Love it all. Gonna try them all. Thanks Guys.... I love MFP Peeps!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Had a salad for lunch and a coworker showed me her homemade salad dressing recipe to use on it. Olive oil, Garlic, Worchestire Sauce (Lea & Perrin of course) and a good Balsamic Vinegar. Of course you could add other herbs or seasonings that are to you liking. You know what, I Loved it and have all the ingredients at home except for the Balsamic Vinegar, which I will be stopping by the store to purchase. All less than 100 calories. (I don't like my salad swimming as well as I don't like very much oil). What are your homemade salad dressing recipes if you have any? Would be good as a Marinade as well.

That's essentially Caesar dressing, just without the egg and parmesan. Good stuff.
  • Feddyvon
    Feddyvon Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I use a little EVOO, a bit of honey, some lemon juice, Seasoned salt and then give it a good shake.

I don't really know the measurements, it's just sort of a sight thing. The nice thing about a think dressing is it coats very well which means you don't have to use a lot to get the taste desired.
  • scottaolszewski
    Options
    I was excited by the salad dressing recipe you provided, I tried to make it but found out I was out of Balsamic vinegar. I subed a roasted garlic vinegar, added in some ital seasonig, and garlic powder. The final thing I added was Mrs. Dash garlic seasoning mix (which has not salt) put it into a bowl mixed up and vola very tasty dressing. Thanks for the idea.

S
  • inkedlala
    inkedlala Posts: 20
    Options
    I do equal parts Honey Mustard (10 cals a tsp) with Red Wine Vinegar (5 cals a tbs) with a dash of pepper and garlic powder.
    So good and can dress a LARGE salad for 30 calories!