GUESSING??

Options
Hello,

I work at a hospital and I eat twice a day in our cafeteria. My question is..if you're not sure of the brand of the product, how does everyone else record it? Guess?? Use the generic of everything you don't know??

Replies

• pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    I'll either use generic or look at the nutritional information for different brands and pick what seems right off of that.
  • tnorkus
    tnorkus Posts: 45
    Options
    I have the same problem when I eat anywhere that the nutrional information is not posted either at the location or on their website. some places either dont post or they are a local place so its not available. At work I have resorted to bringing my lunch-that way I can control everything and can track everything in MFP.
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i do the same, i do my best to pick whats closest or the most consistent. If i have two different calorie counts i usuallly opt for the higher count when i'm not sure, to me its better to round up on my calories then i dont overeat them.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I find something close in the database and log it. I used to log the lower calorie item, but that just cheats me, so now I log the highest item I can find (as long as I can reach similar figures via other sources).
  • HowardRose
    HowardRose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i do the same, i do my best to pick whats closest or the most consistent. If i have two different calorie counts i usuallly opt for the higher count when i'm not sure, to me its better to round up on my calories then i dont overeat them.

I also do the same.
  • debleecatello
    debleecatello Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's what I've been doing.. using the generic... I don't know if that is right but it has to be pretty close to what we need.
  • debleecatello
    debleecatello Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea.. Thanks