Why exercise???

Options
tlp8rb
tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
1. If walking/cycling is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.
2. A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water and is fat.
3. A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years.
4. A tortoise does not run, does nothing, yet lives for 450 years.
Now, tell me again why I should exercise!:love:

Replies

• asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Is this meant to be a joke?
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I exercise so I can drink booze on the weekends.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Because my postman drives a car and you are not a whale, rabbit, or tortoise
  • megankayden
    megankayden Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Haha I like this ;)
  • getupandmoveit
    Options

ahahah!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options

Of course!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

I took it as a joke, lol, so I hope so =)
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAHAHA!
  • TheSarahHill
    TheSarahHill Posts: 185
    Options
    Hehe this was quite, nice one for the giggles!

Cheer up everyone,!
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    The oldest tortoise on record lived to 188 years old, not 450. They have about the same lifespan as humans. Just an FYI.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Too funny!!!!! LOL Sort of like wanting to be a bear. Eat what you want and sleep all winter, Yup, I wanna be a bear!!!!!
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Yessss! I exercise for my cocktails and snacks. It's the best motiviation ever, since I really hate exercise (except for my Zumba class!).
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    My grandpa actually survived a heart attack solely because he had been a mail carrier and had walked so much.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options

AMEN!!!!!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    1. My postman is a lot fitter and healthier than me; while he's not immortal, he stands a good chance of living longer than someone who lives a sedentary lifestyle.
    2. If you ate as much fish as a whale does, you'd be fat
    3. A rabbit may only live 15 years, but you know the expression "at it like bunnies" - those 15 years are about 1,000 sex years for humans.
    4. A tortoise heaves a huge great shell around with him all the time. Proof indeed that weight training is good for you! :bigsmile:

(And this really shouldn't be in this forum, there's a separate place for jokes btw)
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options

That's just 'cause it takes him 2 days to get from the couch to the fridge, and by then he's too exhausted to eat. :}
  • PositiveGoals
    Options
    I'm sorry. I think this was in poor taste. I am usually the funny one. I am usually the one who will walk the fine line for a laugh. But I certainly would not go to an AA forum and ask, why stop drinking? I would not walk into the Oncology department of the hospital and say, why chemo? I would not walk Some people who have five or ten lbs to lose may find this humorous. Now (I speak for myself) but it seems to me that someone who is morbidly obese or super morbidly obese has their life hanging in the balance. This is no joking matter. Sometimes I see jokes that are funny and I laugh. But a joke that basically implies it is hopeless in a forum where people look for advice, support, and motivation is just a waste of time. Did you know that the clinical term for super morbid obesity is "malignant obesity". Because your prognosis is death.

Why exercise:

1. It can save your life
    2. reduces stress
    3. combats chronic disease
    3. Increases speed & amount of weight loss
    4. Improves your mood (happy endorphins)
    5. Increases energy
    6. Increases likelihood of more restful sleep
    7. Increases oxygen & circulation for better breathing & a healthier heart
    8. Increases labido, as well as the flexability to act on it. (more interesting)
    9. Increases strength
    10. Can be a fun activity depending on the exercise, how you do it, and who you do it with.

Oh yeah.... and did I forget to say it can save your life. I hate to be a party pooper. I want to reiterate that I am not speaking for anyone else, this is my opinion. I really do have a sense of humor. But there is a time and a place for everything. This is not the place to mock the process that many of us need because our lives depend on it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    I'm sorry. I think this was in poor taste. I am usually the funny one. I am usually the one who will walk the fine line for a laugh. But I certainly would not go to an AA forum and ask, why stop drinking? I would not walk into the Oncology department of the hospital and say, why chemo? I would not walk Some people who have five or ten lbs to lose may find this humorous. Now (I speak for myself) but it seems to me that someone who is morbidly obese or super morbidly obese has their life hanging in the balance. This is no joking matter. Sometimes I see jokes that are funny and I laugh. But a joke that basically implies it is hopeless in a forum where people look for advice, support, and motivation is just a waste of time. Did you know that the clinical term for super morbid obesity is "malignant obesity". Because your prognosis is death.

Why exercise:

1. It can save your life
    2. reduces stress
    3. combats chronic disease
    3. Increases speed & amount of weight loss
    4. Improves your mood (happy endorphins)
    5. Increases energy
    6. Increases likelihood of more restful sleep
    7. Increases oxygen & circulation for better breathing & a healthier heart
    8. Increases labido, as well as the flexability to act on it. (more interesting)
    9. Increases strength
    10. Can be a fun activity depending on the exercise, how you do it, and who you do it with.

Oh yeah.... and did I forget to say it can save your life. I hate to be a party pooper. I want to reiterate that I am not speaking for anyone else, this is my opinion. I really do have a sense of humor. But there is a time and a place for everything. This is not the place to mock the process that many of us need because our lives depend on it.

Granted it's in the wrong forum, but seriously? There is nothing mocking, attacking, condescending, rude, or ignorant about the OP. It's Friday afternoon, loosen up a little. If you hated to be a party pooper you really would have just rolled your eyes and moved on without posting.
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Everyday I worry when my GF will realize she's too hot for me. Until then, I'm going to train like there is no tomorrow!
  • PositiveGoals
    Options
    It's not up to you if someone should roll their eyes and move on. The fact that I am a person with an opinion who shared it does not make me a party pooper. It absolutely is mocking. It absolutely is in the wrong place. Your profile pic shows that you clearly do not have the same health concerns and a large number of people using this website. And congratulations, you look fantastic. But because you do not have the same issues, you are not in a position to judge. If it was not offensive, I would not have posted. Even you admitted it is in the wrong fourm. I don't have to loosen up just because it is Friday afternoon. My weight and health issues follow me every day of the week. Others have commented that we are not turtles or rabbits as well. Others felt the need to defend. Therefore it was offensive. I am so glad to see that you had a laugh at everyone else's expense. I will not bother to read any further responses. I do not have the time for this ignorance that you have displayed.