Stuck in the 80s! High school clothes revisited...

Options
13»

Replies

• jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You frickin crack me up, girl! Those pants are disgusting. Love 'em! And you look fabulous, as always :)
  • AlyAnt26
    AlyAnt26 Posts: 58
    Options
    This is awesome! Thanks for the Friday afternoon laugh!! Save those bad boys for an 80's themed party sometime!!!
  • justimogen
    justimogen Posts: 76
    Options
    If fitting into pants like that isn't enough motivation to lose weight, I don't know what is! :wink:

Thanks for the laughs...and the 80s memories! :laugh:
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

What she didnt say!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Totally love the 80s!!!

Sounds like you had a blast!! Love the smile!!!:happy:
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Luv It!
  • shifthappens2011
    Options
    Thanks. I needed a smile today. And you look great.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    *peeing my current pants while I laugh my butt off*
    I can totally relate to those pants -- I actually had a pair of spandex running pants in college that looked like these. Eeeek. And I wore them proudly, too.

You are TOO cool for words -- I love your hard work, and I love your "go for broke" 'tude. (Love the shirt, by the way -- keep it another 10 years!!):bigsmile:

I wish I had some old clothes around -- hey WAIT. I think I've got a bad 80's homecoming dress at my mom's...hmm....stay tuned.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    P.S. Look at the difference in your arms!! :noway: FANTASTIC!!!
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options

I can (painfully) button them, but the zipper doesn't go all the way up. Maybe if I tried first thing in the morning, and had a wire coathanger, and laid down on the bed, and held the two ends together while someone else zipped. Maybe. But they fit close enough that I could snap a few pictures.

This is the technique I used to get ALL my jeans on in high school. I wasn't chubby or anything - just kind of slutty. :happy:

LOLOL! we wore ours the same way and sometimes you had a friend zip while you held them together but if not there was always a fork or pliers to get that zipper up.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Pliers! Why didn't I think of that?! :laugh:
  • Kelleyrh5
    Kelleyrh5 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Totally Awesome! HAHAHA Gotta love it! And you look great!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    First off kudos to you for fitting into your old high school pants! Secondly..those are the most awful things I have seen in a long time! If you decide to revisit the 80's via those pants again you should also grab your teasing comb a bottle of Aqua net (there's still some ozone layer left) and make your hair bigger..it wouldn't be the 80's without big bang mall hair!!

I too used to lay down on the bed to zip my jeans and I was 113 lbs. in high school. I think it was a combo of higher waist line and no stretch in the denim and of course the ultra hot dryer to shrink said pants to be even tighter, who needs to breathe anyway.
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    omg, those pants RULE!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think I forgot to mention that these are size 5/6! I still can't believe it.

I also can't believe that I don't have any photos of me in those jeans from my high school days. Maybe people were afraid they'd break the lens in the camera.

I do have a photo of me at 19 - twenty years ago - in another pair of jeans that fit again. Maybe not the most flattering fit, but they fit. Well, they zip. Zipping isn't the same as fitting. :wink:

1991-2011.jpg

I'm not as thin as I was then, but for one, I don't want to be, and two... I got way better abs now! And back then, I'd NEVER let someone photograph me first thing in the morning with no makeup and my glasses on. :wink: I do pose exactly the same, though.

I have a freakishly good memory. The kind of memory that strikes fear in the heart of husbands. Crazy recall. I know I got these jeans from Barbara Moss at the Schuylkill Mall in Frackville, PA for $10. In 1985. I was thirteen years old. Wanna know something *really* scary? At the time, these *were* low rise jeans. I liked that they were the one and only pair of jeans I owned that didn't come up over my navel.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    This post is so freakin' AWESOME!!
  • skschuler
    skschuler Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    LOVE the pants! I had some just like them and I thought I was BIG stuff!

This whole post had me rolling!

You look awesome! Congrats on all your hard work. :heart:
  • Bikeminx
    Bikeminx Posts: 51
    Options
    I actually really like them lol! U will see all the kids wearing them soon when they come back in fashion
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    The jeans are scary! You look amazing in them. :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!