How long to firm up the bottom?

Options
klfazio
klfazio Posts: 48 Member
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any sure-fire ways to lift and firm a flat bottom? Specific exercises, number of reps, etc?
Also, in your experiences, how long did it take to start seeing real results??
I'm only 8 lbs from goal and don't have a big bottom at all, just flat as a pancake :blushing:

Thanks so much for any help you can give!! :happy:

Replies

• TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Barbell squats (they're hard but they work), dumbbell lunges, and road cycling. My butt and hips have shrank and firmed tremendously in the past 12 weeks once I started heavy weight training. Make sure to back it up with good nutrition and quality protein.
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    I think the 30 day shred helped make mine more firm.

Lunges and squats!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges, baby. Squats and lunges.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Running & elliptical really firmed up mine. Squats and lunges should shape your booty nicely too so try a ton of those. Walking lunges (as in, start from the end of your hall or foyer and just do lunge after lunge back and forth), plie squats (google it - hard to explain), wall squats w/ an exercise ball - stand with your back on an exercise ball against a wall and squat, focusing on pushing your butt out, make sure not to let your knee go past your ankle, as in, don't just go straight down bending at the knees.
  • kslindner
    kslindner Posts: 107
    Options
    Yup, I agree with TankGirl71... Those barbell squats help tremendously!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What they said - squats and lunges. With weights! You should see a difference in a few weeks.

Good luck!