An amazing day buying some new clothes!!!!!!!! :)

Options
pelleld
pelleld Posts: 363 Member
I can't even being to describe how elated I am! I started on this website in February at 143 and hit my goal of 125 at the end of May. I've since dropped another 5.5 pounds and have weighed 119.5 for the last week or so (I am currently trying to maintain). I'm 48 years old and 5'3" tall.

Since even my "skinny clothes" are getting too big I went to Chico's with my Mom today to pick up a few things. For anyone not familiar with their sizing, it used to be 0, 1, 2, and 3, with 0 being the smallest. In my 20's and 30's I could wear a 0 but they were a little snug. In recent years they've expanded their sizes to include half sizes. I gradually became a .5 and my 0's took up space in the back of my closet.

Anyway, off to Chico's we go this afternoon. I bring several pairs of size 0 pants into the dressing room. TOO BIG!!!!!!! All of them.....too big! I go back and get the 00, a newer size for them (they further expanded their sizes to include 00, 000 and on the other end of the spectrum, 4). The 00 fits, with room to spare :) I just can't believe it. I got 3 new pairs of pants and all are size 00. I keep trying to think of the right word to describe how I look in these new clothes.....skinny? thin? small? slender? And then it comes to me.....lean. I look lean. For the first time in my life, I LOOK LEAN!!!!!!

Even though I spent most of my 20's and 30's a mere 5 pounds away from where I am now, I did NOT look lean. Its the Jillian DVDs, I am sure of it. I have muscle tone, my body is toned, and did I mention.....I LOOK LEAN???

I know this sounds like bragging, and maybe it is, but if I can't do it here where can I do it? I've succeeded beyond my wildest dreams and look better now at 48 than I did in my 20's and 30's. That's not to say this 48 year old body is perfect, far from it, but its perfect for ME and I intend to keep it this way by continuing to exercise and nourish it well.

Thanks for listening :)

Replies

• pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You are amazing! 00 wow I don't think I will ever be that skinny!!! In highschool I weighed 137 and I was a string bean! I am 5'10". Great NSV!!
  • brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
    I know exactly how you feel.
    This is a life long journey but you have definitely tackled the hard part.
    Good for you!
    You are an inspiration!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Brag away woman! That's awesome! woot woot! Very happy for you! Congrats!
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing story and very inspirational! Keep up the awesome work and enjoy maintenance!
  • lindsayjdodd
    lindsayjdodd Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How exciting! So happy for you- congratulations!! I am looking forward to that day too... still have about 35 lbs to go, but I will be there in no time!

I am doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred video right now, and I love it! May I ask which video(s) you were doing??
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Awesome work!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING!!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Lillemi82
    Lillemi82 Posts: 21
    Options
    You have all the reason in the world to brag :) I hope I feel as good about my body at 48 as you do, you're an ispiration :)
  • pelleld
    Options
    How exciting! So happy for you- congratulations!! I am looking forward to that day too... still have about 35 lbs to go, but I will be there in no time!

I am doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred video right now, and I love it! May I ask which video(s) you were doing??

I have 6 week 6 pack, ripped in 30, no more truble zones, banish fat boost metabolism. I started with 30 day shred and worked up. I swear they've transformed my body!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Way to go...you should feel proud! Especially doing Jillian at 48 :drinker:

I think you're right about Jillian's workouts. I'm 161 lbs and I look smaller now then I did in my 20's when I weighed a lot less!

So good for you, you're an inspiration!
  • pelleld
    Options
    Way to go...you should feel proud! Especially doing Jillian at 48 :drinker:

I think you're right about Jillian's workouts. I'm 161 lbs and I look smaller now then I did in my 20's when I weighed a lot less!

So good for you, you're an inspiration!

Her workouts give amazing results..........
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!