Not Losing

Options
Im getting SOOO frusterated!! Last week I lost 4lbs in 5 days then had a bad eating day but still working out everyday and I went down another lb but back up half again and I am following the LA Weight Loss program. Any suggestions for me to get back losing again?

Replies

• Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Im getting SOOO frusterated!! Last week I lost 4lbs in 5 days then had a bad eating day but still working out everyday and I went down another lb but back up half again and I am following the LA Weight Loss program. Any suggestions for me to get back losing again?
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

its only been a week be patient-- Keep working out and watching your caloric intake it will come off
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

You probably didn't lose 4lbs the first 5 days, not all fat anyways. It was likely mostly water weight and that is why you are seeing some fluctuations. Patience is definitely key. We didn't gain the weight overnight (although sometimes it feels that way) and we won't lose it that fast either.

Keep eating healthy and exercising and you will reach your goals! :smile:
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    It does take time to have the weight come off. You didn't put the weight on over night and it sure won't come off over night. I have been that type of person that if the weight didn't fall off as fast as I wanted it too then I would just give up. I have been with MFP for 3 weeks now and I have lost 8lbs and I only drink water and milk and every so offen I drink Ocean Spray white cranberry juice. I work out 4 days a week and trying not to get upset if I don't lose anything for the week. I lost 5lbs my first week and I know that it was all water weight. I lost 3 this week and I am starting to see a difference. I just have to have it mind set that I am not going to give up. I have a pretty ring waiting for me once I hit my goal too. Just make sure you :drinker: :drinker: your water and exercise and watch your calorie intake and you will start to see a difference. Good Luck!!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, especially if you weren't eatting great.

It takes time. And I actually average a pound a week Some weeks I don't lose any, some weeks I lose 3 pounds. Alot of it has to do with water retention and body functions. Try only weighing once a week, drinking lots of water and eating healthy. Eventually it will come off.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself too much, I try only getting on the scale every 2 weeks that way I do not get discourage if I dont lose. Most of the time you can tell if its working you know your own body and can feel the difference. Dont give up if you really watch your calories and exercise it will work. Good luck jo
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I tired only weighing myself a couple times a week but I find that if I weigh myself everyday it keeps me on track! I can see little changes already in my body so Im not giving up!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Don't let a little backsliding get you down. Keep on trying. I know how frustrating it can be when you gain any back. I've gained 6lbs so now I'm working on it a little harder. I have learned not to beat myself up mentally though from the people on this site. They are so helpful. Just keep plugging away at it and you will see good things come from it. Think positive!:bigsmile:
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I dropped 96lbs in 16 months and I found that exercise*change it up every now and again and cutting out carbs helped big time. I only make enough potatoes and rice for my kids with no left overs . . . that way even if I sneak a bite while cooking I feel like im not depriving myself of foods I enjoy but because there isn't enough I reach for whats left and thats usually meat and veggies. Try joining a recreational sport!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I tired only weighing myself a couple times a week but I find that if I weigh myself everyday it keeps me on track! I can see little changes already in my body so Im not giving up!

If this works for you than by all means stick with it. However, don't expect to see the scale reflect your hard work every day and don't be upset if you see that you are heavier one day than you were the day before. Your body weight naturally can fluctuate a few pounds day to day due to several factors including water weight. If you are going to weigh yourself so frequently try to do it at the same time each day to get the most consistent and comparable results possible.

I know how tempting the scale can be but just remember that it is how you feel that is most important! I weight myself at most once a week and even that can be misleading so I try to focus on how I feel and how I look.