Why taking your measurements is so important:

Options
arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
I measured the first time around July 08 and just went in to check the numbers again. I only had 1/2 pound loss in 2 weeks and wanted to cheer myself up (hopefully:wink: )

JULY 08
arm 12 3/4
chest under 33
chest 37
high waist 32.5
mid waist 36.5"
hips 41"
thigh 22.5"
above knee 16"

October 28,2008
arm 11.5 " (but with muscles!)1.25 lost:love:
chest under 31 " 2 inches lost
chest 34" (back fat almost gone!) 3 inches lost
high waist 29" (I actually have a waist!) 3.5 inches lot
mid waist 30.5" (this is my favorite number cuz it reduces my chances of heart attack! 6":laugh: ) 6" lost
hips 36" (from tummy, working on keeping da butt!) 5 inches!
thigh 20.5" 2 inches lost
above knee 15.25".75 inches lost

SO I am thinking in July I was shaped like and apple and now I have a figure. I love curves, and really hate to lose much more weight to be honest wit cha but I am going for my goal of 135.

If I keep up at this pace I may be celebrating my 50th birthday and my last 20 pounds in the same month!! (its 3 years away)

My grand total inches lost is......................23.75!!!

Please measure yourselves when you start. Even if you dont go back and update it each month, there will come a day when you will feel as I did this morning and it will bring JOY to your heart!!

Happy Day MFP!!

Replies

• arewethereyet
    Options
    I measured the first time around July 08 and just went in to check the numbers again. I only had 1/2 pound loss in 2 weeks and wanted to cheer myself up (hopefully:wink: )

JULY 08
    arm 12 3/4
    chest under 33
    chest 37
    high waist 32.5
    mid waist 36.5"
    hips 41"
    thigh 22.5"
    above knee 16"

October 28,2008
    mid waist 30.5" (this is my favorite number cuz it reduces my chances of heart attack! 6":laugh: ) 6" lost

SO I am thinking in July I was shaped like and apple and now I have a figure. I love curves, and really hate to lose much more weight to be honest wit cha but I am going for my goal of 135.

If I keep up at this pace I may be celebrating my 50th birthday and my last 20 pounds in the same month!! (its 3 years away)

Please measure yourselves when you start. Even if you dont go back and update it each month, there will come a day when you will feel as I did this morning and it will bring JOY to your heart!!

Happy Day MFP!!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

JULY 08
    arm 12 3/4
    chest under 33
    chest 37
    high waist 32.5
    mid waist 36.5"
    hips 41"
    thigh 22.5"
    above knee 16"

October 28,2008

Happy Day MFP!!

wow good job I need to do my measurements and then check back on them in a month to 6 weeks to see the difference
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    What a great job. Way to go!! I never did measure myself when I started this journy however I think I might do that.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thanks! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's amazing to meassure and see the changes there. Weight loss is so gradual that some times it doesn't seem that we change at all, when in all actuallity we are shrinking.

For me I'm down
    5 in the waste
    5 chest
    4 in the thighs
    7!!! in the hips
    I never did my arms, and I just started measuring under my boobs until lately, but I've lost an inch off of that since I started measuring
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Yeah it's amazing to meassure and see the changes there. Weight loss is so gradual that some times it doesn't seem that we change at all, when in all actuallity we are shrinking.

For me I'm down
    5 in the waste
    5 chest
    4 in the thighs
    7!!! in the hips
    I never did my arms, and I just started measuring under my boobs until lately, but I've lost an inch off of that since I started measuring

Ah, now I only counted 1.5 inches for thigh...but there are 2 of them! Add another 1.5!!

The best part is the hips and stomach for me, cuz I was worried about heart disease. Oh and I actually have a waist now, it feels so good.

That is great! The arms stay around the same because I am doing weight lifting, so not much change.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    ok I have a question. How often should you measure?? Im sure there are threads talking about it. :laugh: I weigh in every week. This week I weighed in on tuesday morning because it was my birthday and I knew I was going to go OVER. :blushing: Im going to be working hard this week. :ohwell:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options

JULY 08
    arm 12 3/4
    chest under 33
    chest 37
    high waist 32.5
    mid waist 36.5"
    hips 41"
    thigh 22.5"
    above knee 16"

October 28,2008

Happy Day MFP!!

Woo hoo, Jeannie!! That's awesome, girl!!

00020260.gif
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are my hero today:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • eLLe2008
    eLLe2008 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! But may I ask how in the world are you losing that dreaded "back fat"?! And I have this ugly looking bulge :grumble: between my armpit and where the bra lands....any ideas?! lol

DanieLLe
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

JULY 08
    arm 12 3/4
    chest under 33
    chest 37
    high waist 32.5
    mid waist 36.5"
    hips 41"
    thigh 22.5"
    above knee 16"

October 28,2008

Happy Day MFP!!

YAY! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: There's 8 glasses of water to celebrate with! Woohoo!
  • majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good for you, girl! I really need to do this!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Congratulations!!! But may I ask how in the world are you losing that dreaded "back fat"?! And I have this ugly looking bulge :grumble: between my armpit and where the bra lands....any ideas?! lol

DanieLLe

PUSH UPS!!!!!!!!!!! OMG...I AM SO SORE TODAY!!
  • eLLe2008
    eLLe2008 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

DanieLLe

PUSH UPS!!!!!!!!!!! OMG...I AM SO SORE TODAY!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! Guess when my husband gets home he'll be making me do the "military routine", including running...or so he thinks! :) lol

DanieLLe
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    ok I have a question. How often should you measure?? Im sure there are threads talking about it. :laugh: I weigh in every week. This week I weighed in on tuesday morning because it was my birthday and I knew I was going to go OVER. :blushing: Im going to be working hard this week. :ohwell:

Hi J!

lookin good there!

I measure monthly, and always make sure that:

1. my sodium was low the day before, so I am not bloated
    2. I go to the bathroom, and I am not bloated from fiber (jeez cant think of a good way to put it)
    3. I suck in and hold all muscles strong

Good luck!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Arewethereyet,
    Way to go on inches lost! That's so cool! Um, but really, I thought you were in your late twenties, early thirties! LOL. You look great! :flowerforyou:
    MM
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Arewethereyet,
    Way to go on inches lost! That's so cool! Um, but really, I thought you were in your late twenties, early thirties! LOL. You look great! :flowerforyou:
    MM

OMG, you are prolly looking at my daughter and her BFF!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    No I'm not! You just look that good!:smooched:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    No I'm not! You just look that good!:smooched:

that is so sweet! 0002020B.gif
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    OMG Jeannie I totally thought that both of those pictures were of you! I assumed the girl in the back was your daughter...the girl in the front of that other picture isn't you? That's not to say that your daughter looks bad...you just look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!