Fat and muscle...HOW?

Options

Replies

• portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Port, I think you are extrapolating an error in your BF calculations. I can get readings as high as 23% Bioimpedence and as low as 18 within a few days. Depending on how much water I've drank/ hydration / timing / after-before workout / diet / after-before taking dump etc. Same goes for any measurements I might take on bodyparts. Does it mean I lost 5% in a day or 2, ... of course not. All methods (of BF testing) are proven to be even more innaccurate for people on the very high end of the scale.

Yes I never said my measurment was correct, My bodyfat might be higher or lower, I don't care about that. What I care about is the inches around my stomach. They are down 3 inches in 5 weeks, that's what I care about. I know the body fluctuates daily. That is irrelevent. Lets double my results, or reduce them by half. The ratio is still the same regardless. As I told you in email I also compared it to the electro bio feed back method, 3 days later. It was pretty consistant with my measurments. I'd agree if my scale wasn't consistant with my math, but it's not. If you want to take 10lbs off from my results, go ahead. That's still 10.5lbs of muscle and 12.5 of fat.

If you want to see it from a weight loss perspective, 25lbs in 2 month. Anyone can view it how they want.
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Well a big part of it is because i started a lifting this month. People who just start out make bigger gains. Arnold put on 25lbs a year because he was doing it a long time. If someone starts out on a weight loss journey they will initially lose more weight than someone who has been doing it for a long time. I contribute the big gain to that.

My diet is pretty simple, I do intermittent fasting, I don't eat anything till around 5pm, then i eat in all my calories about 2,500. I also keep carbs low below 20grams. I have a cheat/free day every 7-14 days. exercising in a fasted state produces a lot more growth hormone which will help you burn a lot more fat when exercising. After I do my lifting then i eat.

You didn't gain 21 lbs of muscle in a month, I can easily state that because you're assuming that you lost 25 lbs of fat simultaneously.

You don't gain muscle while losing weight, that's why when cutting, body builders do everything they can to "maintain."

If you're even serious, you just shed body fat. That's all.

Arnold put on 25lb a year because he was on dianabol and primobolan enanthate. The longer you lift, the slower your gains.

Steroids =/= Natural Gains
  • portexploit
    Options

Well a big part of it is because i started a lifting this month. People who just start out make bigger gains. Arnold put on 25lbs a year because he was doing it a long time. If someone starts out on a weight loss journey they will initially lose more weight than someone who has been doing it for a long time. I contribute the big gain to that.

My diet is pretty simple, I do intermittent fasting, I don't eat anything till around 5pm, then i eat in all my calories about 2,500. I also keep carbs low below 20grams. I have a cheat/free day every 7-14 days. exercising in a fasted state produces a lot more growth hormone which will help you burn a lot more fat when exercising. After I do my lifting then i eat.

You didn't gain 21 lbs of muscle in a month, I can easily state that because you're assuming that you lost 25 lbs of fat simultaneously.

You don't gain muscle while losing weight, that's why when cutting, body builders do everything they can to "maintain."

Arnold put on 25lb a year because he was on dianabol and primobolan enanthate.

i am not jucing, and how am i assuming, i measured my bodyfat at different times with 2 different methods.
  • portexploit
    Options
    I am skeptical too, but that's what the numbers say. I weighed myself first it said i lost 4lbs in a month. I know i can't control how much weight i lose. I just thought to myself "after all the stuff I am doing, i'd expect more. but it's better than 0" Then I remembered I measured my bodyfat a month ago, I take new measurments, the difference was 21lbs of muscle and 25lbs of fat. Exactly 4lbs. Plus 2 inches are gone frommy waist, well 3 now. I don't believe it much either, but that's what the numbers say. I didn't say "i am at 7% bodyfat" i said "I lost 7% bodyfat"
    Clinical studies by numerous peer view Universities and medical journals would also be skeptical. What method did you use to measure your bodyfat? Unless it was hydrostatic or even Air Displacement Plethysmography, then the margin of error is pretty consistent. Up to 3%-5% because water beneath the skin can fluctuate so much.

i used electro bio feed back, and a tape measure method.
  • portexploit
    Options

Arnold put on 25lb a year because he was on dianabol and primobolan enanthate.

i am not jucing, and how am i assuming, i measured my bodyfat at different times with 2 different methods. Depends on how you eat that determines it, you familiar with cAMP?
  • spiritcrusher
    Options
    i am not jucing, and how am i assuming, i measured my bodyfat at different times with 2 different methods.

I'd hope not, you've only been lifting for a month.

You were probably retaining water. You can't gain weight while cutting weight, they are two opposing concepts that your body does not perform simultaneously.

If you're using calipers then they're wrong most of the time and the BF% on a scale that reads through impulses in your feet are the most innaccurate things out there.
  • portexploit
    Options

I'd hope not, you've only been lifting for a month.

You were probably retaining water. You can't gain weight while cutting weight, they are two opposing concepts that your body does not perform simultaneously.

If you're using calipers then they're wrong most of the time and the BF% on a scale that reads through impulses in your feet are the most innaccurate things out there.

Retaining water wouldn't make my waist measurment go down, it would make it go up.We all have 24hrs in a day, we can dedicated part of it to weight loss, and part of it to muscle mass gain, depends on how you do it. As I said I do intermittent fasting, which helps with GH levels, then i lift, creating a great anabolic "potential" then i eat low carb, about 2,500 calories. The fasting part helps with the reduction of body weight, the lifting before I eat helps build more muscle mass. Since I fasted most of the day i am responsive to nutrients which will help me grow. Today was my free day, i hit the weight as hard as i could, i ate a ton of carbs and protein maybe 3000 calories if not more. To maximze this effect.
  • spiritcrusher
    Options

Retaining water wouldn't make my waist measurment go down, it would make it go up.We all have 24hrs in a day, we can dedicated part of it to weight loss, and part of it to muscle mass gain, depends on how you do it. As I said I do intermittent fasting, which helps with GH levels, then i lift, creating a great anabolic "potential" then i eat low carb, about 2,500 calories. The fasting part helps with the reduction of body weight, the lifting before I eat helps build more muscle mass. Since I fasted most of the day i am responsive to nutrients which will help me grow. Today was my free day, i hit the weight as hard as i could, i ate a ton of carbs and protein maybe 3000 calories if not more. To maximze this effect.

notsureifsrs

You really need to research this if you're being serious.

It's not that simple. We calculate our caloric intake on a 24 hour period. You can't eat an abundance of calories and gain muscle mass while simultaneously eating a deficit of calories to burn fat. Fasting just depletes your glycogen stores, where most of the weight you lost probably came from and when I said water retention, I meant that you shed the water weight and yes that has an overall effect on size.

Muscle repair, protein synthesis, lypolisis are all processes in our body that don't last for 10 seconds. You can't just break down fat then build muscle in a short period of time.

You're not fasting if you eat at the end of the day.
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options

Awesome article! Thanks! I needed this info!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options

Tapes measure circumference so unless the subcantaneous water under the skin was exact, then the measurement could be really off. And bioelectric is not a reliable reading either because again depending on how much water is in your body will dictate the actual reading. Less water in your body and the reading will go higher.
    I would depend more on at least getting a caliper reading.
    Anyway, I can tell you as a PT, the gains of muscle you claim are very unlikely. Just being real here. You can look up any article on building muscle and ALL will tell you that you need caloric surplus.
    In the rare event that you were obese and NEVER worked out before, you can gain some muscle, but likely only a few pounds even while on calorie deficit.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    To start, that's an absolute lie that you can only gain about 1lb of lean mass a month. Sounds like random youtube information.

Oddly enough, a few of my body builder friends are the ones that mentioned it to me...honest people that I trust implicitly. Regardless, I'm sure for the majority of people it holds true...and my point was that NO person on this board (excepting maybe yourself), is going to do any better than that...without a much higher level of knowledge and dedication than average. If they had that, they wouldn't be here in the first place.

This I agree with completely....which is why I tell people the first part. A: it holds true for almost everyone I've ever met, and B: it keeps them from deluding themselves into thinking they're gaining muscle to replace the fat they may or may not be losing.
  • portexploit
    Options

Tapes measure circumference so unless the subcantaneous water under the skin was exact, then the measurement could be really off. And bioelectric is not a reliable reading either because again depending on how much water is in your body will dictate the actual reading. Less water in your body and the reading will go higher.
    I would depend more on at least getting a caliper reading.
    Anyway, I can tell you as a PT, the gains of muscle you claim are very unlikely. Just being real here. You can look up any article on building muscle and ALL will tell you that you need caloric surplus.
    In the rare event that you were obese and NEVER worked out before, you can gain some muscle, but likely only a few pounds even while on calorie deficit.

I am also a PT, I don't think you're understanding what I am saying. It's not about getting your "TRUE" bodyfat %. You guys are saying it's inaccurate. My bodyfat is inaccurate or my measurements? If I stand on a scale weighing 200lbs and the scale shows I weigh 400lbs. I workout for a month, the scale shows I lost 20lbs. This is in inaccurate scale obviously. What is the difference .05%. Doesn’t matter where you start from, if the scale says I weigh 1000lbs or 10lbs doesn’t matter, what matter Is that the end result is a .05% difference from WHERE EVER you start. This is what I am talking about, the ratio is still the same. My ratios are for every lbs of fat I lost I gained 83% of muscle. This means if I only lost 10lbs of fat I gained 8.3lbs of muscle. Like I said before I don’t care about the % of fat loss, I care about my measurements.

Trust me, as a PT myself, I have been in this game a long time. I went through this many times in my head. It just doesn’t make sense, you can’t argue with math. The more I think about it, the more true it becomes. First thing I did is I weighed myself, showed I lost 4lbs. An hour later, I remember I have a body fat measurement, I do the math compare it to my old results, it said I lost 25lbs of fat and gained 21lbs of muscle. What is the difference 4lbs, exactly what the scale said, If these calculation where wrong, they wouldn’t line up with the scale. A few days later, I use another method to measure my body fat it’s pretty consistent with the tape measure method. I lost about 2inches from my stomach, maybe a little more. How much weight loss is 1inch from the stomach about 10lbs. I lost 2inches that’s about 20lbs. I know someone is going to try to be a smart *kitten* and say “so if I don’t eat dinner I’ll lose 10lbs?” I measure it every morning. 20lbs is pretty close to my calculation, yet the scale only shows 4lbs.

Also I use ketosis which will reduce water retention. It’s not water retention trust me. I am experienced in this field, and like I said it doesn’t make sense to me. I know what you’re saying about the calorie surplus. I talked to my friend about my results, he is a physiology major, I asked him about my results, I tried to explain my theory of why it happened , he said to me an exact quote from email, “I wouldn't think about it too much and keep doing what you're doing. There is obviously improvement and we don't have to exactly explain it to see it.”

My only real explanation is cAMP(cyclic AMP). In my fasted state this triggers an anabolic state, fasting is a form of stress releasing growth hormone and from my understanding even IGF-1, of course the adrenal receptors too. When cAMP is activated it activates protein synthesis(muscle building) and energy production(your fat burning), while stimulating all these hormones like GH. The body works on a biofeed back mechanism. In this fasted state exercised state my body is under a lot of stress, it’s doing whatever it can to hold on to that muscle, looking everywhere in the body for nutrients. It releases growth hormone to preserve the muscle, adrenaline to keep me going, both of these burn fat. It’s trying to synthesis protein, in this peak state of my body craving nutrients; I finish my workout and eat about 2500 calories. The body will race to repair the muscle since it is interpreting a lot of damage to it. I also have a free day, i have to be in ketosis a minimum of 5 days to have my free day. Which aids in leptin, and prevents thyroid issues (such as a slower metabolism).

My diet and workout are based around my body’s hormones, obviously this isn’t your standard diet. I took all my experience, ideas, knowledge, education, and wrapped it in to this package. About my results, as I said I am skeptical myself, but I can’t argue with the numbers. All I can do is see next months results, and see how they relate to my other results to catch any flaws or inaccuracies.
  • cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    so you've been caught exaggerating your results and you're trying to sell a book or something???
  • portexploit
    Options
    so you've been caught exaggerating your results and you're trying to sell a book or something???

Where's the book and where is the exaggeraton?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    By the way, I STILL think this is Ascriminal...I was told he had a new account.
  • portexploit
    Options
    By the way, I STILL think this is Ascriminal...I was told he had a new account.

HAHHAHAHHA now i get it, you think i am that one guy? I didn't understand your previous post. No I am not him, I have talked to him before we do similar things with our diet, I don't think he does ketosis.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I gained 21lbs of muscle and lost 25lbs of fat this month.

Pffft I did this once in about 26 minutes. I got on the scale and it said I was at 23% BF and then I brushed my teeth drank a glass of water, did my business, took a shower, step back on the scale out of idle curiosity and bam I was at 16% with only a 1lb weight difference.

Ever since then I've been brushing my teeth like a mad man, and taking a ton of laxitives. And since this is obviously the best form of exercise on the planet it's the only thing I do now. Laxatives and toothpaste for everybody I say!!

Please allow that there are massive magin of errors when measuring body fat. Especially if the starting point is up near 50%.
  • portexploit
    Options

Pffft I did this once in about 26 minutes. I got on the scale and it said I was at 23% BF and then I brushed my teeth drank a glass of water, did my business, took a shower, step back on the scale out of idle curiosity and bam I was at 16% with only a 1lb weight difference.

Ever since then I've been brushing my teeth like a mad man, and taking a ton of laxitives. And since this is obviously the best form of exercise on the planet it's the only thing I do now. Laxatives and toothpaste for everybody I say!!

Please allow that there are massive magin of errors when measuring body fat. Especially if the starting point is up near 50%.

These measurments have been pretty consistant over the last 5 days. Except today because last night I had a free day.
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That's true! i started running more and my tummy is shrinking.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options

These measurments have been pretty consistant over the last 5 days. Except today because last night I had a free day.

LOL

ok so one free day caused you to put on what percentage of body fat? Did it also cause you too lose muscle? How many times did you check your starting measurement?

And after you wake up tomorrow and get back to your pretty consistent numbers are you going to say that whatever exercise you did today makes you drop 1? 2? 3%? BF over night?