The Biggest Loser (TV Show)

Options
I don't know if I am repeating something that someone has already started but.......

I love the Biggest Loser (NBC I think). Anyway, I thought it would be fun seeing as though a new episode just started to do my exercise, diet and weighins at the same time as the show.

The day after the show, you weigh in a report your loss/gain each week. No voting anyone out of course.

If you are interested in doing this with me, let me know. Could be fun!

Charlene

Replies

• charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I am repeating something that someone has already started but.......

I love the Biggest Loser (NBC I think). Anyway, I thought it would be fun seeing as though a new episode just started to do my exercise, diet and weighins at the same time as the show.

The day after the show, you weigh in a report your loss/gain each week. No voting anyone out of course.

If you are interested in doing this with me, let me know. Could be fun!

Charlene
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    yes I absolutely love the show too and I would be interested.
  • NatalieSmith
    Options
    O I like that idea!
  • asweatman
    asweatman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you in this.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Count me in! GREAT IDEA!!!! :bigsmile:
    I too love this show, and try to watch it as much as possible! :love:
    FYI:
    You all are aware thet they are working out 6 hours each day. :noway:
    Which is WHY they are losing 10 to 20+ pounds each week.
    So that said, if THEY can work out 6 to 8 hours a day and live through it. then our messly little 30 minutes is not that hard to do RIGHT??
    However, they do not work, or have children/pets/husbands/wives/etc to take care of when they are at the ranch.
    I LOVE Juliane she kicks A** AND in case you all did not know, She used to be over weight too.
    --Diann...
  • FitMomof3
    FitMomof3 Posts: 147
    Options
    I started watching this season of the Biggest Loser and I too would like to weigh in with you guys. I want to lose 10-15 lbs. I know that that is not a lot, but it seems like those of us who only have a little to lose, seem to lose it slower and with a lot of effort. So we are going to weigh in and post on Wednesdays? Is someone going to start a new thread or just use this one?
  • PammyB3130
    Options
    I'm in too!!! I've watched this show from the very first season and this is the first time that I've actually made up my mind to make a change. I usually just sit and cry through the shows because I'm heavier than most of the women they've had on the show and all I can think is "do I look like they do?" so I'm ready to make a change.
  • charny164
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am so glad I was able to generate some interest with this. :smile:

Here are my thoughts in doing this:

I will start a new thread on Wednesday (Biggest Loser - Jan 9) and we can all do our first weigh in. I know we are starting a little late but what the heck! Maybe on the first thread we can include things like:
    current weight, goal weight (if you want), how your going to do it (exercise, eating habits, etc), or anything else you'd like to add. This will be a great forum to let people know how your doing and how you did it!

Then on the next weigh in, we can figure out the percentage lost. If you want of course.

I look forward to doing this with all of you!!! :happy:

Charlene
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    We are not starting late Charlene :wink:
    We are starting RIGHT ON TIME!
    In fact, How does this sound.
    Everyone weigh today.
    Hold on to that number and then when we do the weigh in on Wed. We will have a starting weight. and a weight that we are as of Wednesday.
    Now are we just posting what we lost for the week? Or what we where and what we are?
    IE. started the week at (weight) Wed weigh in (weight)
    Let me know.
    --Diann...
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    I love it! The Biggest Loser is the show that I always work out to the hardest. It is SO motivating! I love the idea of looking at my percentages. I think it would definitely be a big motivator in my every day struggles. Woohoo! :drinker:
  • jesusgrl14
    Options

Now are we just posting what we lost for the week? Or what we where and what we are?
    Let me know.
    --Diann...

How about:
    Starting weight...
    Last week's weight...
    Today's weight...
    Total percentage lost...

This would keep us looking at how far we have come!
  • CzarinaJoyce
    Options
    That's such a great idea!!! Count me in!!! I have never seen an episode, but I used to watch Celebrity Fit Club and the idea is great!! I'll start recording The Biggest Loser on my Tivo! Great idea!!
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options

Let me know.
    --Diann...

How about:
    Starting weight...
    Last week's weight...
    Today's weight...
    Total percentage lost...

This would keep us looking at how far we have come!
    [/quote

I'm in and I like the system you posted above!
  • charny164
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to touch base quick and let you all know that I am going to let Diann run with this. - Thanks Diann :smile: To be honest, I am doing this at work (I don't touch my home computer) so I can't always ensure that I am on top of this.

I look forward to doing this together with everyone!

Charlene
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Love the Biggest Loser!!! Anyway, i am just starting out and will use my start weight for the first weigh in if that is okay. I watch every episode and get very motivated! (After i stop crying my eyes out for hating the way I feel of course!):sad:
    Count me in!:drinker:
    -Jen
  • jhacker
    Options
    Love the Biggest Loser!!! Anyway, i am just starting out and will use my start weight for the first weigh in if that is okay. I watch every episode and get very motivated! (After i stop crying my eyes out for hating the way I feel of course!):sad:
    -Jen
  • jhacker
    Options
    -Jen
  • jhacker
    Options
    Sorry ! Computer was running slow and I hit the send button a couple of times!:ohwell:
  • kmckesson
    Options
    when do we report in on our progress? i don't see anyone with their stats up yet?