Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Come out wherever you are!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Well, I'm feeling great still after my 4 mile run last night! I'm headed to the Y in a bit, but I'll stick to the elliptical and pool for now. I will keep my mileage lower and only run 3x a week (non consecutive days) for now!

Have a good one! :flowerforyou:

Jess
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning Jess!

Thanks for starting our post. I was scheduled for a tempo run today. Unfortunately, I am going to have to reschedule.:laugh: I ran 4 miles yesterday.:wink:

I am running my first half this coming Sunday!:drinker:

Enjoy the day everyone
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Good morning Jess!

Thanks for starting our post. I was scheduled for a tempo run today. Unfortunately, I am going to have to reschedule.:laugh: I ran 4 miles yesterday.:wink:

Enjoy the day everyone

Good luck, Kechie!!! Please post a report! Any goal times or just to finish? :wink:

Jess
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No running for me today. Did bootcamp for 45 minutes. Everyone have a great run.
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am still unable to run under doctors orders...missing it badly.

Keep up the good work everyone. :smile:
  • samccarthy
    Options
    Did my treadmill cardio/weight workout today. I run for 2 min, then lift a weight for 30 sec, and repeat for a total of 30 min running. Usually I run at 6.3 - 6.4 mph, but today (with Halloween candy hanging over my head!!) I ran every two min interval at 6.6 mph. I try not to get depressed when I look around and see everyone else running at 7.5 or 9.0 mph--I don't feel like I could ever get that fast! I know this is a challenge for me and I'm doing something good for myself. But, it is still hard not to be jealous of those faster folks!

Sheryl
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning Jess!

Enjoy the day everyone

Good luck, Kechie!!! Please post a report! Any goal times or just to finish? :wink:

Jess

Thanks Jess!

I need to come up with a new goal. My goal was 2:20. However, two weeks ago I ran 13 miles for my long run. I finished in 2:12 and felt great.

chat soon
    -Kechie.
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new to this site, looking for other dieters who are runners too! I just finished 2 marathons in 6 days, not my original plan, but PR'd by 20 min. and ran the second only 2 min. slower. I feel like I shouldn't have to worry about dieting too, but am not consistent in my eating, and sometimes take to many days of from running/lifting. I haven't weighed myself in over 4 months, I know I've gaind probably 10 lbs. I used to weigh daily, count calories, all of it. I just want to be healthy, I know for the most part I am, but you probably know what I'm feeling if you're here too???

Anyway, I ran Twin Cities Marathon on 10/5, Whistlestop on 10/11, took 2 full weeks off and did 5 miles last Friday, 10 on Sunday, and 5 yesterday. I'll run a slow 3-4 with my mom this afternoon. Hopefully this site will help with the consistency and motivation!!??!!

Thanks for letting me get all that out!

Angie
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Good morning Jess!

Enjoy the day everyone

Good luck, Kechie!!!!! :drinker: :drinker:

We've all come pretty far since the Runner's Club started!! :drinker:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    No run for me today. Worked out before work this morning.

Kechie - good luck on your 1/2 this weekend. You'll do great. You are certainly prepared.

Angie, welcome to the group. Two marathons in 6 days is brutal. Kudos to you for even attempting it. I know exactly where you're coming from about the weight. This summer, I was running/biking/spinning about eight hours a week and put on a lot of weight (unfortunately not muscle) in the process. :grumble: This site is great for making it easy to watch what you are eating, an the runner's group is a fun way to keep motivated.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    My bf and I are about to go for a windy, cold two miles! We are both tired and don't feel like doing it LOL. :tongue:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good morning Jess!

Enjoy the day everyone

This is awesome Kechie!!! :flowerforyou:
    Best of luck on your run and I know you will do amazingly!!! :drinker:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    TO THE MARATHONERS!! I've got a stubborn blister that after about 7 miles it's nearly disabling. What do I do? And the chafing-what do you use for that?
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You've already got the blister, maybe a blister bandage, band-aid brand makes a nice one. For future reference, and to try over the blister (?) I use bodyglide. It comes in a deodorant-like stick, smoothes on clear, and prevents chafing, in all areas. Good luck!

Angie:smile:
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hey runners!

I ran 7 today average a 8.7-minute pace. I was supposed to run 7 yesterday, but we had some snow (:huh: ) here yesterday. When I got to the gym, they were closed and without power. So, I did some workout videos from On Demand. That was pretty funny being that I'm pretty much the most uncoordinated person you'll meet. I can never seem to put all the moves together!

Kechie: You are going to do awesome on Sunday! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Angie: Welcome. You're hard core, girl! I admire the fact that you did 2 marathons in 6 days. I can barely imagine doing one!

Enjoy your day, everybody!
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I did 5 today... baby was asleep, so I jumped on the treadmill and cranked up my tunes for as long as I could until he cried!

2 marathons in 2 days???????????? Wow. I've done 4 marathons in my life and the most consecutive was 2 in one year! HA HA! That's amazing.

Blisters... I HATE those dang things. I have to say, my newest shoes I'm running in are the Asics Kayano and they are awesome. I love them. You might need to try some new shoes. Do you have a running store where you live that has a treadmill inside and they can video tape you running to find the right shoe for you?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    You've already got the blister, maybe a blister bandage, band-aid brand makes a nice one. For future reference, and to try over the blister (?) I use bodyglide. It comes in a deodorant-like stick, smoothes on clear, and prevents chafing, in all areas. Good luck!

Angie:smile:

That was going to be my suggestion- Body Glide!!! :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new to this site, looking for other dieters who are runners too! I just finished 2 marathons in 6 days, not my original plan, but PR'd by 20 min. and ran the second only 2 min. slower. I feel like I shouldn't have to worry about dieting too, but am not consistent in my eating, and sometimes take to many days of from running/lifting. I haven't weighed myself in over 4 months, I know I've gaind probably 10 lbs. I used to weigh daily, count calories, all of it. I just want to be healthy, I know for the most part I am, but you probably know what I'm feeling if you're here too???

Anyway, I ran Twin Cities Marathon on 10/5, Whistlestop on 10/11, took 2 full weeks off and did 5 miles last Friday, 10 on Sunday, and 5 yesterday. I'll run a slow 3-4 with my mom this afternoon. Hopefully this site will help with the consistency and motivation!!??!!

Thanks for letting me get all that out!

Angie

Hiya Angie!! Wow, 2 marathons in under a week?? :noway: Amazing! I have a group of friends that did the TCM!! I actually gained about 5 lbs while marathon training!! Part of it was because I wasn't really tracking at that time and also cut out weights thinking it would hurt my running. Never again!! For me, it takes both cardio AND weight training at least 2-3 days a week.

I love this site for tracking, it's the most user friendly site I've used (and I've used fitday, sparkpeople, and myfooddiary previous to this one). I try not to obsess over every little thing, but find that just putting in everything I eat keeps me on track.

Anyway, welcome to the running group!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'm back from the Y! I ended up doing 60 min on the elliptical, Cardio coach volume 5 on the iPod. The CC workouts seem to be the only way I can stay on the elliptical longer than 20 min! :yawn:

Weights (P90X) w/ my dh tonight. We missed our regular workout on Monday night because he was in Chicago for a convention! I'll do some ab work after my lunch settles! :laugh:

Have a good one!

Jess