Looking for motivation

Options
Hi! I'm not new to MFP, but am new to the "community" aspect. Would love to have some friends to encourage me to get fit. I'm a 36 year old married female with 3 children ages 8,6, and 3. I used to be an athlete and coach, but kids and other responsibilities have gotten in the way of fitness. I don't have too much weight to lose, but I'm looking to get toned and get back in shape. Let's support each other in our journey!

Replies

• ominousgreg
    Options
    Good luck Grace! I'm also no stranger to calorie counting or exercising but I am a stranger to storing all my hard work into something I can review and improve on. I use to just guess my calorie content and the calories I have burned but it definitely is better to have it written down than to leave it in your head. How much weight are you trying to lose and are you trying to tone up or put some muscle on?
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community!! Excited to see you around and hold each other accountable!!

What are you doing? Not much weight to lose so strength training ???
  • ominousgreg
    Options
    Welcome to the community!! Excited to see you around and hold each other accountable!!

What are you doing? Not much weight to lose so strength training ???

Who Michiganderrdh? Me or Grace.
  • Grace139
    Grace139 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'd like to lose about 8-10 lbs, mostly belly fat from pregnancy. I'm naturally pretty muscular, which was fine back when I was a sprinter in track, but now I'd just like to be leaner, not add much bulk. I am not really a calorie counter, but as I get older, I'm finding it more necessary!
  • Grace139
    Grace139 Posts: 12
    Options
    Right now I'm doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred video, along with walking and occasionally the elliptical machine at the gym.
  • ominousgreg
    Options
    Well you probably know the basics Grace, being as you use to be an athlete and coach. I assume it's much harder for you being a parent to find the time to work out, so its going to be more on your diet if you cannot exercise as much as someone who has more time on there hands. If you do find the time to workout I am sure you know the key to being toned is more reps less weight, What I usually do is keep under my limited calorie intake and do one weight training day and one wicked hard cardio day with an ab workout mixed in the cardio day. I do more weight less reps also while trying to lose weight. Its a bit tricky but I have been able to come down from 160 to 155. My ideal goal is 150 of muscle and as little fat as possible! Its a tough journey getting the last pounds off. I wish you must luck in your quest to get toned just remember the most IMPORTANT thing is consistency oh my it is important.