Am I Plateauing??

Options
Soo during my first week and a half, i lost a total of six pounds. And now two and a half weeks later, I'm still the same weight. Ive been working out drinking water and even eating healthier than i was before! Why aren't I losing the weight? Please :flowerforyou: HELP, need advice :sad:

Replies

• fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Open your food diary to the public so we can see what your meals are like.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    There are lots of different reasons it could have stopped. I plateaued after about ten pounds. I exercised a bit more and it helped.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Are you eating less than 1200 consistently or not eating your exercise calories back? If so, eat at least 1200 calories and eat your exercise calories back. Your body isn't getting enough fuel if you're not eating enough so your body is holding onto fat and not releasing it.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck again, too. This time for two weeks. I once had a plateau of 3 1/2 weeks. I'm hoping this doesn't last as long.

It's my experience that if you keep at it, it tends to right itself. But there are some things you can do to tweak it.

Here's a link to my recent plateau question on the forums. I got some very helpful advice from the community, including mods:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/290301-i-need-your-advice-please-re-plateau
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If you're only 3 pounds away from your goal weight, chances are - it'll come off more slowly.
  • bowwowlova
    Options
    Thank you for all of the responses, and I just made my food diary public so you guys can see what I'm eating. I overlooked it again and i think it might be because i had fast food twice thius week, and maybe that's effecting me? I've been under my calories everyday and eat over 1200 calories unless my sleeping gets thrown off. Thanks for all of your responses. I'll keep working at it and stay as motivated as i can. :happy: