HCG DIET before pics and success stories

Options
2»

Replies

• Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    well i like to see all your opinions. i am having no problem with this diet at all. plus eating 500 calories isnt bad and it dosent put me in starvation mode or whatever cuz the product helps with that plus i drink alot of water i went off the diet for a few days without the drops and didnt gain any weight back and lost 2lbs so i dont know whats wrong with the program? lol

You can still lose weight on MORE calories per day...so WHY NOT eat more?

I was ana/mia from 16-20...PLEASE research your BMR and TDE and lose weight that way.
    Extended period of time on extremely low calorie diets can WRECK your hormones and other things. Trust me, I know from experience.

If you're only going to do it for 6 weeks why not just do it the healthy way?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    The actual FDA warning

http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm282334.htm

the most pertenant sections are as follows:

“These HCG products marketed over-the-counter are unproven to help with weight loss and are potentially dangerous even if taken as directed,” said Ilisa Bernstein, acting director of the Office of Compliance in FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. “And a very low calorie diet should only be used under proper medical supervision.”

“Deceptive advertising about weight loss products is one of the most prevalent types of fraud,” said David Vladeck, director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection. “Any advertiser who makes health claims about a product is required by federal law to back them up with competent and reliable scientific evidence, so consumers have the accurate information they need to make good decisions.”

and then there's this article as well also from the FDA

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm281333.htm
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Get HCG the natural way .. Just go get knocked up.
  • chantwizzle83
    chantwizzle83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie diet. I workout for 30-60 mins in the am. And at least 30 mins in the pm. No gym. Just Turbo Fire, walk/jogging and some 5lb hand weights. I've lost almost a pound a day. The HCG diet sounds dangerous. Like everyone says, of course on 500 cals a day you'll lose weight. Try using the site guidelines...get some friends together. And get fit together!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I've heard good and bad things about this. The only thing I have to say about it is this. Are you planning to eat this way for a lifetime? If not, then it's not a lifestyle change, it's a diet. If you wanna diet this way for 30 days to kick start your weight loss I suppose it's probably harmless. But you then need to settle into a lifestyle change that puts you at a reasonable calorie intake that you can see yourself sticking to over time (with a slight increase once you reach your goal weight) and that meets your needs nutritionally.

I've watched one friend do every fad starvation diet out there. Fasting. Cabbage soup diet. HCG. You name it. And she has always had amazing results! But it never lasts. Because none of them got to root of her problem, which is having no real understanding of nutrition and her body's needs. So the minute the "diet" was over and she'd reached her goal weight, she went back to eating the only way she knew, and all the weight came back, plus more. I don't fault her for this. She's like so many people I know. She's like me when I did Weight Watchers. FOR ME, that kind of eating wasn't sustainable and taught me nothing about nutrition. There are many WW success stories that would be opposite of mine, but for me it just didn't last. The minute I'd lost all the weight, I slipped right back into what I knew, and the 30 pounds came back and brought ten of their friends to go with it.

The nice thing about MFP is we are all doing the weight loss thing our own way and are entitled to our own opinions. Right or wrong, this has been mine. If you choose to go the HCG route I wish you nothing but success. :smile:
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    well i like to see all your opinions. i am having no problem with this diet at all. plus eating 500 calories isnt bad and it dosent put me in starvation mode or whatever cuz the product helps with that plus i drink alot of water i went off the diet for a few days without the drops and didnt gain any weight back and lost 2lbs so i dont know whats wrong with the program? lol
    I guess I find it odd when a "diet" a person goes on tells them NOT to exercise. Seems like a huge red flag to me, well not that anyone eating only 500 cals would have the energy.:wink:

I suspect it's because they know you're already starving to death nutritionally at 500 calories a day and burning any calories at that point would be tantamount to suicide...
This discussion has been closed.