I need motivation =[

Options
I've been on vacation and feel like I just haven't put enough into my weight loss. I want to lose more, but I feel like I can't lose it fast enough. On my vacation I hiked and swam all day so I pretty much got to eat what I want. Now that I'm back I have to get back into gear and I'm not feeling motivated. I'm so frustrated and don't feel like I'll ever get to my goal weight.

Any tips? Help? =[

Replies

• changeisgood55
    Options
    If you are like me, I can gain 5 pounds in one week with no problem. But it will take a month to lose those 5 pounds. It's not easy and it takes time. Don't give up and just keep going. Time goes by fast and before you know it, you will have hit your goal. Hang in there! We are here for you!!
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Look how far you've come though! You've lost 20 lbs! You're so close. I know it's frustrating but keep with it. Don't give up, make a list of the pros and cons of sticking it out til you reach you're goal, you know why it's not just a number! Transitions can be hard, but remember why you were motivated to stick with it all through your vacation (good job!) and it'll come back to you.
  • Marianna194
    Marianna194 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just think about how great it will feel to be on your next vacation and be even slimmer and even more gorgeous in your bikini! But to get there, you got to get back on thwagon! You can do it!!! :)
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on this site long but no stranger to weight loss. Take a moment to visualize how you will feel and look when you get to your goal. Maybe write them down to help keep you focused. Good luck to you!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. It's SO easy to gain weight, but it's really really really hard to lose the weight. Good luck to everyone in their journey. Means a lot to have so much help from everyone here. Normally I would have decided to be overweight for the rest of my life by now.
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    fitnhealthyccthatsme Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I read your post to see if I could provide some motivation and when I saw your goals, I was motivated by you. You are doing so well... please please please don't get discouraged. I don't have my goals posted anywhere except in my head. I have thought about making 135 my goal weight since I'm also 5'2", but I settled for 155. I was 135 many moons ago and I know I can get there again with hard work and dedication. You have inspired me to set a goal weight of 145. I'm still not brave enough to say that I want to get to 135 cuz it seems so far away. I like how you are rewarding yourself when you reach your goals. This weekend I'm hoping to see 167.9 or less on the scales to motivate me to get thru the next week. Keep it up and remember that we don't need to lose quickly or we'll have saggy skin. :-)
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Aw thank you so much, that really helped. Great job and I'm really glad I could help lol. Yeah I would like to avoid saggy skin =]
    I read your post to see if I could provide some motivation and when I saw your goals, I was motivated by you. You are doing so well... please please please don't get discouraged. I don't have my goals posted anywhere except in my head. I have thought about making 135 my goal weight since I'm also 5'2", but I settled for 155. I was 135 many moons ago and I know I can get there again with hard work and dedication. You have inspired me to set a goal weight of 145. I'm still not brave enough to say that I want to get to 135 cuz it seems so far away. I like how you are rewarding yourself when you reach your goals. This weekend I'm hoping to see 167.9 or less on the scales to motivate me to get thru the next week. Keep it up and remember that we don't need to lose quickly or we'll have saggy skin. :-)
  • Cheryl_Catrair
    Cheryl_Catrair Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! You're an incredibly gorgeous young lady and making the choice to live a healthy lifestyle is such a wise thing to do! And a 20 lb weight loss is GREAT! I'm losing VERY slowly (lifelong dieter) but for the first time in my life I'm trying not to let the scale rule me and determine my happiness. I joined the Y and have finally begun to enjoy exercising (another first)! The weight may not be dropping off quickly but at 51 years old I am feeling better than I have in the past 10 years. There are so many great people on here to help motivate you - and you've taken the first step in asking for encouragement! Something tells me you're gonna do great.... as a matter of fact, you already have. And PS You motivated me too!
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this... look how far you've come already!!! Don't quit now! I'm inspired by you!! :flowerforyou: