Options
djcon
djcon Posts: 216 Member
What if you dont eat all the calories you are alloted for the day

Replies

• GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    1,200 is what you should eat...but if you're under every now and than it's fine. If you mean under calorie intake, inclueding your excercise, if you've over 1,200 it's perfectly fine.
  • djcon
    Options
    Thanks but when I put in my weight and height and target goal...The calories were above 1200 because I do alot of exercise. Today I couldn't get all the calories in because I swam this evening and I got an extra 350 calories. I read somewhere if you don't eat enough, you don't loose either
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Usually that means if you don't eat over 1,200 calories AND reach nutrition goals. You should be able to reach your goal at this rate, if not, then up your calorie intake to the suggested amount.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure you should try to net the amount of your original daily allowance as closely as possible. I know some people say to eat back the cals. you burned, but I don't think it's going to be a problem if you don't eat them back every time.

Wish I knew the cold hard facts to share with you. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
  • djcon
    Options
    thanks that makes sense
  • djcon
    Options
    The suggestions and explanations are helpful...I have heard many times people don't loose weight b/c they think the less calories they eat the better but from what I have read that is not true...some people don't loose weight b/c they eat too little