NSV's:)

yankeefamily05
yankeefamily05 Posts: 657
edited September 29 in Success Stories
A little background first. I decided to go to the reports tab and go back a year from today. A year from today, I weighed in at 233 lbs. In March of 2010, I started MFP hardcore. I lost 37 lbs! I was feeling wonderful! I ended up starting a 2nd job to help make ends meet. By the time March 2011 rolled around, It was time to go shopping for a bridesmaid dress! I didn't think I looked "too" bad in it. Until I saw pictures and I was mortified! I looked so unhealthy, I didnt even notice myself! So, I got back on my MFP path. As of this morning, I am down to 223.6! I am SO excited! I haven't been able to forgive myself for gaining all of that weight back. But it is GONE. Gone forever. I will never go back. Chapter closed. Book ended. When my sister got married on June 28th, I walked down the aisle confident at 229 lbs. My collar bone was getting closer to the skin! If I moved my shoulders forward it popped out. NOW, after having 6 more lbs lost, I can FINALLY see it. Just standing normal! It is an exciting feeling. Before I felt doomed! I couldn't shop anywhere but Lane Bryant.! Well guess what?! Those size 20's and 1x shirts are in the back of the closet! The 16's are now fitting and im rocking the L-XL shirts! Woot! Finally! I can shop in all of my favorite stores again! And I have around 43lbs left til my goal weight.

Just wanted to write this out for all of you wonderful mfp'ers out there struggling. Keep working! You can achieve ANYTHING you put your mind to!!!! Just keep fighting! :flowerforyou: :heart:

Replies

• GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Wonderful!!!!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    That's awesome! congrats... what a great inspiration! I started here beginning of the year, and I've fallen off the wagon a little... haven't exercised in a while, and haven't been eating as healthy :( Time to kick this and get back on track!
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Congrats! I am coming up on my one year anniversary July 28th. I have achieved more than I thought I would in one year. I am excited to see what I can do in the next year. I still want to lose another 95 lbs but it no longer feels like such a big task anymore. You are so right; anything is achievable when you make up your mind to do it!
  • thanks guys:)
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!