Can Crystal Light count towards your water Intake?

Options
I've heard both sides. Some have told me that yes, you can count a bottle of water w/ crystal light as 2 of your recommend 8 cups of water a day. However, I've also heard people say that once the crystal light mixes with the water, your body doesn't recognize it as water anymore.

Overall, I just wanted to know if a crystal light to go packet w/ a bottle of water can be counted as 2 of my 8 cups of water a day, or should I consider it to be juice and only count pure H2O. Thanks!

Replies

• Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    I count it as water. I usually have Crystal Light on-the-go packets in my purse and add them to my bottled water. Just make sure you count the calories (it's 10 calories a pack.) I have one or two a day just to give my water a little flavor!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    You're going to get mixed answers on this post too. It's controversial because of the artificial sweetener in Crystal Light.

In my opinion the answer is no. When you add chemicals to water it is no longer water. You may try adding an piece of orange, lemon, lime, peach, mint leaves or cucumber to the water to flavor without artificial sweetener.
  • chloeelebeir
    chloeelebeir Posts: 130
    Options
    I count it as water. I usually have Crystal Light on-the-go packets in my purse and add them to my bottled water. Just make sure you count the calories (it's 10 calories a pack.) I have one or two a day just to give my water a little flavor!

Thanks for the reply! I'm the same way, I'm love giving my water more flavor with crystal light. Especially the Strawberry Energy and Raspberry Lemonade haha
  • chloeelebeir
    Options
    You're going to get mixed answers on this post too. It's controversial because of the artificial sweetener in Crystal Light.

In my opinion the answer is no. When you add chemicals to water it is no longer water. You may try adding an piece of orange, lemon, lime, peach, mint leaves or cucumber to the water to flavor without artificial sweetener.

Yeah I figured I'd get mixed answers, but thanks for the reply! I'll definitely take your advice about the lemon in my water, and now that you mention it, I've never tried an orange but that sounds delicious
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply! I'm the same way, I'm love giving my water more flavor with crystal light. Especially the Strawberry Energy and Raspberry Lemonade haha

I was actually referring to the actually fruit not crystal light. I won't use the stuff personally. It scares me.
  • chloeelebeir
    Options

I was actually referring to the actually fruit not crystal light. I won't use the stuff personally. It scares me.

Ahh! Sorry that replay was supposed to be for Mrz_Rich. I'm new to MFP haha can you tell? Whoops
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I count crystal light as water! I just don't like to count my other drinks (ie diet pop etc.).
  • chloeelebeir
    Options
    I count crystal light as water! I just don't like to count my other drinks (ie diet pop etc.).

Thanks for the reply and your input!
  • leannmcclain
    Options
    I was wondering that myself I drink water but I love the crystal light packets I wasn't sure whether to count it as water or not! I'm glad you asked this question I count it as water!