do people follow mfp calorie guide.???

Options
2»

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i follow mfp, but i eat less than the 1,200 calories i am allotted.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I follow MFP totally. Never go over anything other than sugar grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I eat some exercise calories sometimes and other times I am a bit under. I use a HRM for exercise and it seems to work for me.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I started following it 100% because I didn't know enough not to. As I learned more about my body and what I should be doing I have adjusted things. My goals are set so that it is 40/30/30 carbs/fat/protein. I also upped my fiber to 25.

I've had to play around with calories and realize that 2 pounds a week weight loss was not feasible for me. So, I started at 1200 and am now at 1360. I am 5'4" and 148, looking to lose 15-20 pounds.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I try but I've changed my ratio and I ended up eating more than I should most days.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    For me, the calories are too much for me. Keep in mind that I'm an extremly morbidly obese person. My starting weight was 665lbs. MFP suggested over 3000 calories a day and I only eat around half that. Yesterday made 5 months of starting my new life and I've lost 145lbs and down to 520lbs.