Fluid fluctuations

Options
...are driving me crazy!

I know I have to deal with them to a point, but 5 pound gains in one day are messing with my head.

Any ideas on how to keep these fluctuations from being so dramatic?

Does drinking a lot of water help with this? I'm terrible with water b/c I drive for work.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    ...are driving me crazy!

I know I have to deal with them to a point, but 5 pound gains in one day are messing with my head.

Does drinking a lot of water help with this? I'm terrible with water b/c I drive for work.

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    ...are driving me crazy!

try to weigh yourself once a week- we weigh different amounts daily and at different times of the day- if you must weigh yourself more than once a week break it up some how but not everyday- you will get obsessed and go crazy
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Try to be more consistant with salt intake. A salty meal (like takeout or anything processed) will catch up with you the next day FAST! Also, try to keep your carb and protein intake even throughout the week. If most days you are eating a lower carb, high protein diet your body tends to lose water because its using stored carbs for energy which in turn excretes water. Then if you have a day where maybe you've eaten more carbs then usual, your body hangs onto this fluid, easily adding a few pounds. But this is replenished water, NOT fat.

Hope this helped! Mrsyac2 was right about the weekly weigh-ins. And remember, measurements and how your clothes fit are a much better indicator to your diet/fitness progress!
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Try to be more consistant with salt intake. A salty meal (like takeout or anything processed) will catch up with you the next day FAST! Also, try to keep your carb and protein intake even throughout the week. If most days you are eating a lower carb, high protein diet your body tends to lose water because its using stored carbs for energy which in turn excretes water. Then if you have a day where maybe you've eaten more carbs then usual, your body hangs onto this fluid, easily adding a few pounds. But this is replenished water, NOT fat.

Hope this helped! Mrsyac2 was right about the weekly weigh-ins. And remember, measurements and how your clothes fit are a much better indicator to your diet/fitness progress!

Thanks! That is helpful. I am a carbaholic, so I imagine that adds to the ups and downs I see so often. :drinker: