elliptical marathon

Options
Hi everyone.... I joined this site tonight in the hope of meeting some people to chat to and gain support from as I train to run a marathon on an elliptical machine in October this year, to raise money for charity. Ive been training for a few months now and, apart from some issues with numb feet.... so far, so good. I ran 17.7km last week which I was proud of.

I live in Adelaide, South Australia and Im 39 years old

Cheers

Cathy

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    hi there,well done on finding this site and super well done on running 17.7km!
  • renae501
    renae501 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Cathy,

I tend to do the eliptical at the gym but to me, a half hour sometimes seems like a marathon! Are you really doing 26 miles on it? How long does that take?

Keep up the great work!

Renae
  • chica1971
    chica1971 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks Trudy!
  • chica1971
    chica1971 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey Renae,
    well 17.7 km took me just over 2 hours and Im hoping to do the 26miles / 42km in about 5 hours. Im doing it to raise money for charity and in memory of my grandad so I have some pretty good inspiration. The elliptical suits me as I have a dodgy knee and high impact road running isnt good! I have a training program... the 17.7km was a gradual build up from starting at 3km.
  • stevenchaskill
    Options
    Hi Cathy. I recently purchased an elliptical and decided I'd like to run a marathon on it by the end of the year as a personal fitness goal. I'm surprised that there isn't more discussion about it online. I only found this thread and an article on Yahoo's Associated Content.

What have you done to prepare?
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    WOW - Best of luck! That's awesome! Keep it up!
  • 1Highlander
    Options
    I like this idea, like th OP I have knee troubles so I use the ellipitical for my cardio. My standard run is 6 miles in an hour but the idea of a marathon had never occured to me until now. i wonder how far I could go before I hit the proverbial wall. Do keep us posted on your progress and I hope your charity makes out well.
  • chica1971
    Options
    Hi everyone! I completed my goal of running an elliptical marathon yesterday!!! It took me about 6 and a half hours and in the ladt 10km I was in a world of pain!!so proud of myself today!!!!if you'd like more info please message me! Cathy
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! :)